Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Princess cruises

Evening cruise expert dibbers, we’re looking at booking the Norwegian Fjords for next summer, Princess have different levels of add ons, for an extra £20 pppn you get specialty dining and a few other extras we’d not be fussed about, if anyone has cruised Princess can you book the speciality dining adhoc?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

you can yes, from memory the steak place which we went to twice was around $25 per person.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going on a Princess Cruise next month. We have booked Princess plus and paid $29 for the steak house Crown Grill, it has worked out at £47 for 2 paying with my clarity card. I believe Sabatinis the Italian restaurant is $25. Looking at vlogs on you tube the main dining rooms look nice enough not to need to pay extra.
With the plus package you get all drinks up to $12 with Premier it is drinks up to $18. With Premier you get the 2 speciality dinners worth no more than £100. Myself I don’t see the value in paying an extra £140 each for the premier. I think I could book all the restaurants including the extra ones at about 60 days out.
I have been looking at the Fjords for next year too. I am undecided between P & O Iona and Princess. I will decide after September !

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I’ve been on Sky Princess twice in the last year, most recently to the fjords, to be honest we never ate at specialty restaurants. We thought the food was great in the dining room, buffet, room service, international cafe. They did look nice but we found plenty of food elsewhere. I’d recommend the Princess Plus package so you get drinks, WiFi and tips included. I was on P&O Iona in February and there was no comparison, Princess all the way!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hello
We went to ffjords in April ❤️
At that time you could book it individually per restaurant. I wouldn’t think they would stop that even if the new package has come in.

We enjoyed Alfredo restaurant which was free.

We paid 30pppn which was wi fi, drinks and tips (now 40pppn) and would go for that again next time as found nearly all drinks were included (if higher than your allowance you just pay the difference)

If you are saying extra 20pppn that means 140 extra which means eating in a speciality restaurant most nights?

princess/ships-and-e...y-restaurants/

Prices are on the menus

Lovely choice of hot drinks in the atrium cafe

Edited at 05:54 AM.
Eeyorefanuk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
The new drinks price list can be found at -
Profcruise.com

It might make it easier for you to see if the Premier package is worth it to you. The package only gives you 2 speciality dinners each irrespective of how long your cruise is.
The menu still shows that most of the drinks are included in the Plus, unless you only drink the top end products and champagne, it might be worth you just paying for your extra charge dinners. If you book restaurants on the app before your cruise you pay for them straightaway. Any drinks over $12 on the plus you would be charged the extra plus 18% service.
You also get a photo package which I probably wouldn’t be too interested in but you may be. The new package also gives you the chance to win prizes whenever you open your cabin door with your medallion. I think £280 extra for 2 for a week is a lot for what you getting extra but you may think it’s worth it for you.

Edited at 06:52 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, that’s so helpful, my other issue (first world I know) is the only date they have next year is in school holidays in august, do you think it’s be overrun with children also is there much difference between a standard or deluxe balcony cabin?

Edited at 08:17 AM.
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I’ve been on Sky Princess twice in the last year, most recently to the fjords, to be honest we never ate at specialty restaurants. We thought the food was great in the dining room, buffet, room service, international cafe. They did look nice but we found plenty of food elsewhere. I’d recommend the Princess Plus package so you get drinks, WiFi and tips included. I was on P&O Iona in February and there was no comparison, Princess all the way!
That’s interesting, what made the difference? we’re novice cruisers so any help is much appreciated x
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
The new drinks price list can be found at -
Profcruise.com

It might make it easier for you to see if the Premier package is worth it to you. The package only gives you 2 speciality dinners each irrespective of how long your cruise is.
The menu still shows that most of the drinks are included in the Plus, unless you only drink the top end products and champagne, it might be worth you just paying for your extra charge dinners. If you book restaurants on the app before your cruise you pay for them straightaway. Any drinks over $12 on the plus you would be charged the extra plus 18% service.
I don’t remember the 18 percent service. Was that on a UK cruise? and just on anything over the 12dollar?

Glad to see baileys raspberry and Milky Way still under the amount 😋

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Eeyorefanuk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
I don’t remember the 18 percent service. Was that on a UK cruise? and just on anything over the 12dollar?

Glad to see baileys raspberry and Milky Way still under the amount 😋
I have just seen it on another cruise forum. The Princess plus will have included the gratuity up to $12 only. So I think it does make sense that any cost above the $12 would have the extra 18% added. We haven’t actually been on our cruise just yet. Will have to confirm next month !

I was surprised when I saw these new menus. I was expecting a lot more drinks to be above $12. It seems to be mainly the wines that have increased in price. I’m not much of a connoisseur so I’m still happy with my Princess plus.