Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Aug 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Booking park days

Just starting to book these and got my first 3 in
How do you decide when to go to each one? Do you just do random or have a strategy?

I really don’t like doing HS until it starts to get dark lol so haven’t booked that one yet
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterLady
Proud to wear my Ears

Animal kingdom day 1, because it opens earliest and jetlag has you up early. MK and waterparks never on a weekend. Epcot avoid weekend evenings (fri/sat/sun). otherwise as we feel will be best. we have parkhopper and are doing other parks than disney, so when in doubt we have either MK or HS as a reservation 'in case' as these are the ones that are most likely to become unavailable
CoasterLady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We generally do MK first, Ep & then either or on other 2 but this time due to MNSSHP being on & our 2 "hanger's on" not wanting a full first day, we are starting with AK, EP for EMH, MK for EMH & then HS & hoping for Fantasmic. Not really fans of GE so HS is our least important park but we have hedged our bets a picked additional days that we might or might not use.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CoasterLady View Post
Animal kingdom day 1, because it opens earliest and jetlag has you up early. MK and waterparks never on a weekend. Epcot avoid weekend evenings (fri/sat/sun). otherwise as we feel will be best. we have parkhopper and are doing other parks than disney, so when in doubt we have either MK or HS as a reservation 'in case' as these are the ones that are most likely to become unavailable

Yeah we have AK in first for that reason and that it’s become a tradition to go there first
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

Animal kingdom day 1 for us as up and out early, we had Universal tickets also so used that the second day - We then went with Early mornings first week and Evenings the second week, a little cooler in the evenings and we managed to get on a bit more without using Genie+
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterLady
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yeah we have AK in first for that reason and that it’s become a tradition to go there first
I've actually got a possible evening in galaxy's edge pencilled in for the evening after we land, but I don't know we could survive such a long day and it feels sacrilegious to go anywhere but AK day 1!
CoasterLady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

It depends on what kind of ticket you have. If it's for 14 days I would fill all the days with park reservations in varying order, then you can decide which reservations to keep closer to the holiday. This was how we approached it, cancelling the ones we didn't want later. It's always good to have extra days booked at each park incase weather or illness forces you to change your plans
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

If you’re not sure book more reservations for MK and HS. We’re here now and these are full most days but the others are available every day so are easier to swap onto.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I use touringplans it has a busyness predictor for each park. Some is common sense eg when MK only has fireworks some nights due to halloween party avoid mk that day if you can as it will be busier with americans with not hopping tickets. I'd avoid epcot at weekends during food and wine.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We go to AK first now as it’s usually a half day park if you’re in early although last time we were desperate to ride RotR so did DHS first. Next year I’ve gone for AK first again as our first day will be a Saturday. After that it’s a bit random.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List