Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
millarmagic
slightly serious Dibber

OK...so an update for those watching with interest now we've landed... we whizzed through all security from Manchester, through Toronto and into Orlando. My husband and l are vaccinated but 14 and 13 Yr old are not. We did our US Esta and Canadian ETA before we left but didn't complete ArriveCAN as from reading it said we didn't need to if transiting. No one at any stage asked to see any of our documentation other than passports as per usual. We weren't asked about ArriveCAN at all. After worrying myself sick the night prior to departure it couldn't have gone smoother! I mean, our first flight from Manchester was 1.5 hours delayed but let's not worry about that, we made it!
millarmagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by millarmagic View Post
OK...so an update for those watching with interest now we've landed... we whizzed through all security from Manchester, through Toronto and into Orlando. My husband and l are vaccinated but 14 and 13 Yr old are not. We did our US Esta and Canadian ETA before we left but didn't complete ArriveCAN as from reading it said we didn't need to if transiting. No one at any stage asked to see any of our documentation other than passports as per usual. We weren't asked about ArriveCAN at all. After worrying myself sick the night prior to departure it couldn't have gone smoother! I mean, our first flight from Manchester was 1.5 hours delayed but let's not worry about that, we made it!
Glad all was ok. Have a lovely holiday. 🙂
Old 12 Aug 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Happy for you and your family! Now with that weight off your shoulders focus on having the best time!

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Uroplatus
Proud to wear my Ears

Amazing news! I hope you have an fantastic holiday!

If you do see this, can I ask how Air Canada was? We go Heathrow to Montreal to Orlando, and reading Air. Canada reviews online has made me a bit anxious.

Lauren x
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
I’ve flown with AC twice since Oct both times to Vancouver and back and they’ve been fine. No problems at all you are expected to wear a mask for the duration of your flight though.
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Uroplatus
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I’ve flown with AC twice since Oct both times to Vancouver and back and they’ve been fine. No problems at all you are expected to wear a mask for the duration of your flight though.
Thank you for the reply, that's great. I knew about the mask wearing policy, which isn't an issue. I'd just read some reviews that sounded like it was going to be a negative experience. Thank you for the reassurance. X
Old 13 Aug 22, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DDad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
That's enough for me to never fly with them.

I can't believe we're at this stage of complete insanity around airlines having different rules for Covid in its form right now. 🤪
DDad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Great news!

Is the issue in these circumstances that if you miss the flight and have to stay in Canada - exiting the airport for example to overnight in a hotel.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Will any mask do or do they need to be the white fp ones

Edit - any mask will do!

Edited at 11:06 AM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by DDad View Post
That's enough for me to never fly with them.

I can't believe we're at this stage of complete insanity around airlines having different rules for Covid in its form right now. 🤪
As my son lives in Vancouver I just do what I have to do. There is always Westjet and possibly Air Transat if you want direct but I’m not sure if they are any different to be honest
I’m so used to it now that it actually doesn’t really bother me too much, although of course I’d rather not have to lol!