Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Aug 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Getting rid of sky similar free sat system

We are going to get rid of Sky in December when the contract ends. We watch very little on sky but do like the simple record and watch functions and wonder if anyone can recommend something similar for free sat.

We have sky Q if that makes any difference
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I would be interested in replies to this as well. We were considering getting rid of sky and the landline and just getting broadband. However our Netflix is included in sky so would go back to paying that.
We pay for mil Now Tv which she says is fine. It doesn’t record though and that’s what I would miss.
We decided to just keep sky as we would only be saving maybe £20per month.
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
There are recordable freesat boxes available. Not had one for about 7 years so I imagine they have moved on somewhat. Your Sky Q box belongs to Sky so they will want it back.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We are going to get rid of Sky in December when the contract ends. We watch very little on sky but do like the simple record and watch functions and wonder if anyone can recommend something similar for free sat.
Couple of different answers maybe.
Buy a Freesat recorder, you may need to change your dish LNB because you have Q.
Not much on Freesat for you possibly.

Buy a Freeview recorder.
Needs good aerial reception.

Cancel Sky and wait for offers.
There are customers paying £17 or less for Signature. £25 or less for Signature and Sports.
Blah blah...

Cancel Sky and subscribe to NOW.
No contract - cancel anytime. Entertainment costs £10 month. Extra £5 for BOOST - skip ads, HD & 5.1. Look out for offers - Sports £19.99 fixed for 12 months.
Unlike a contract if Sky put the price up you can just cancel.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
There are now new freesat box’s that work with the universal lnb. If the freesat box says it is 4k compatible then it will work with the lnb and all you will need to do is connect up and follow the on screen prompts
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We lost our ability to record and I thought I'd really miss it. But have found everything available on catch up so have actually not missed out.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have got a free sat recoded this

as a back up to my glass tv works really well as I can use my old sky dish
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My daughter got rid of her sky and got a freesat with a box to record on, but to be honest so much is on catchup tv channels that if you have a smart tv you can watch most stuff
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List