Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 22, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Going to be a scorcher weekend!

With the temps soaring looks like a scorcher of a weekend. We were meant to be going camping but cannot now go, firstly DH not up to driving as he had some eye surgery last week and we cannot fit camping gear in my car (DD never travels light!) and secondly looks like it will be too hot for our dog, we were meant to go to a Bullie dog walk but with temps possibly hitting 30 not the best idea, (he cannot go out above 19/20 degrees). So trying to keep dog cool, was meant to get up early to take him out today but that failed as I didn’t sleep well in the night so woke up at 8am and already too hot to take him out! I will have to try harder tommorrow! So a quiet weekend indoors for us trying to keep cool!
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

That's a shame, but it sounds like the sensible decision given the forecast.

As for sensible (or not) I decided I should wash my curtains as they will dry quickly in this weather. Now I'm in an overly sunny room with no curtains to draw. I hope they dry soon!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I’m desperate to wash all towels but at the moment they dry into a crisp quickly - so I will wait until it cools a bit, maybe put them out at night to dry! Lol!
Old 11 Aug 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Hubby's birthday on Monday so the (uni age) kids are coming home Fri and Sun. On the train/replacement bus service.

That's going to be fun...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Such a shame you can’t go but definitely a wise decision in this weather. We have a touring caravan and have occasionally been away in intense heat with our dog and it’s very difficult to keep them comfortable

We are going away next weekend with our caravan and at the moment the opposite weather could be a problem as rain is due in Pembrokeshire then 😢
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Today I suppose is officially start to weekend, poor dog already exhausted in the heat- he only went out for a wee, it is roasting here. I doubt we could’ve even put up tent in this heat! We have made a little bed for Zero in a cool spot in the hall, I take it he will naturally find the coolest spot to go to as he moves around the dining room and lounge quite a bit! Lots of ice cubes and frozen berries for him today, we have a doggy ice cream in freezer but he meant to be on doggy weight watchers!
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Such a shame you can’t go but definitely a wise decision in this weather. We have a touring caravan and have occasionally been away in intense heat with our dog and it’s very difficult to keep them comfortable

We are going away next weekend with our caravan and at the moment the opposite weather could be a problem as rain is due in Pembrokeshire then 😢
I’m sure the rain will be a welcome relief from this heat! I’m sure you will enjoy! X
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Hubby's birthday on Monday so the (uni age) kids are coming home Fri and Sun. On the train/replacement bus service.

That's going to be fun...
Hope their trip isn’t too bad and you all have a lovely time. X
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I’m desperate to wash all towels but at the moment they dry into a crisp quickly - so I will wait until it cools a bit, maybe put them out at night to dry! Lol!
If you have a tumble dryer you can pop the dry crispy towels in with a small damp/wet towel for a short time softens them back up. It’s the only way I can keep up with the towel useage at the moment

Sorry you had to cancel your break away but it sounds like it’s the right decision for you
A little bit of doggy ice cream won’t hurt - in this weather it’s more important to keep them cool hopefully he’ll seek out cool sports - I have a small desk fan which I pop on the floor so it blows on the dog
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Much as I say send us some sun and heat, can't help sympathise with dog owners or any animals that struggle in the heat. I know my girl wouldnt cope at all. Hope it's not unbearable x
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List