Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Aug 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Busch Gardens yesterday

Just wanted to post my thoughts. There was a thread on here but can’t find it about it going downhill.

We last went in 2019 and had the worst day ever. Nothing was working and it was so full of school groups it was impossible to eat anywhere or do anything. I complained and got free tickets hence going back yesterday.

What a difference. We had a great day. It was quiet and easy to get on things. We rode Cheetah Hunt 3 times managed Sheikra, Tigris, both water rides, Cobras Curse, Scorpion and got to the front of Montu before DD2 chickened out

Iron Gwazi was down all morning though and I was getting frustrated I’d miss it but about 1.30pm it opened. I got on twice. Without doubt the greatest rollercoaster I’ve been on. It was incredible.

Falcons Fury wasn’t open but that was advertised on the door as being closed. The only thing that was down all day was Kumba.

We didn’t feel the park was run down. It’s lacking staff that’s for sure and things like the freestyle coke machines had a limited options but no other issues for us.

I thought Busch Gardens was a lost cause in the past but would definitely go back after yesterday.

Ps. Now no longer able to get disabled parking permits online our Blue Badge from home was fine

Edited at 10:45 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We didn't visit BG on our last trip but have been before and always had a really good day there!
Glad you did too!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thats brilliant to know

We havent been for seven years but will be going in October

Glad to hear the wait times were good even for the middle of summer
JoJoBell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
Thats brilliant to know

We havent been for seven years but will be going in October

Glad to hear the wait times were good even for the middle of summer
We did cheetah hunt first though. It was 50 minutes later in the day
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It was decent when we went in May, only thing that was closed was Falcon's Fury and Congo River, both advertised as closed beforehand.
I agree Iron Gwazi is the best coaster I've been on too!
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

SOunds great - looking forward to being there soon.

What makes Iron Gwazi so good now? I've seen a few say how good it is, but I must admit that when I rode it's previous versions I thought it was a bit of a rickety bone-shaker. Hoping it's had loads of changes then?
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So glad to hear you had a great day, there’s been a lot of negative posts about it of late but those rides as quality!

We had a much busier experience but that was July and we were a later start being in the coach.

It was one of the biggest highlights, extreme praise from a teenager😂 of the holiday for Ds and he’s desperate to visit again hopefully next summer.

Glad your holiday is going really well, I know how much work you put into it and how much you were looking forward to it. x
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Iron Gwazi is very different to Gwazi. Very smooth. I didn't like Gwazi due to how rickety it was but iron Gwazi is totally different
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
SOunds great - looking forward to being there soon.

What makes Iron Gwazi so good now? I've seen a few say how good it is, but I must admit that when I rode it's previous versions I thought it was a bit of a rickety bone-shaker. Hoping it's had loads of changes then?
Gwazi has had a total makeover, it is now a hybrid of steel and wood and has 12 airtime moments, speeds up 76mph and a 91degree drop
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We’ve arrived at Busch Gardens this morning and to be honest it’s not been a great start. It’s nearly 10:30 and so far have ridden nothing as every ride is closed. The boys are currently in a queue waiting for Sheikra to open. The cast members at the entrance to Iron Gwazi just said that it would open, “Sometime later.”

Let’s hope the day improves.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List