Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Here now:DAS universal do they really not offer it?

Come someone please tell me how I organise DAS or equivalent at universal. Autistic child is seriously not coping with crowds or queues. He is at hulk level fury and melt down now .
I asked one of the workers and all he said was we don’t do that here.
Help please
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Come someone please tell me how I organise DAS or equivalent at universal. Autistic child is seriously not coping with crowds or queues. He is at hulk level fury and melt down now .
I asked one of the workers and all he said was we don’t do that here.
Help please
I don't know anything about DAS but we stayed last week at HRH so had fastpasses and the lines were very fast hardly queued for anything.

Sorry you are having a hard time are you staying on site
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

I think it's the attraction assistance pass , they are a little different than Disney DAS

Basically if queue us 30 mins or less they ask you to queue ( some ride let you on) 30 mins or more they will give you a return time but you have to walk to the ride and get a return time anyone in party can get this . Only one return time can be booked can't do another until you have been on that attraction ( some let you on depending on queues I think )

I think that's basically it
It's a cardboard sheet and your rides are written on there and crossed as you complete them
Xx

Not sure if anyone knows if any other type of pass this is the only one I know . Hope you get sorted soon ..just go guest relations on right as you go through entrance with your pass . They are on the right before you see the first shop xx

Edited at 10:11 PM.
steruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled2022
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We too are here now and we organised as the above poster stated and its been really helpful.

No issues at all, walked on below 30 mins and had our card filled in with a return for greater than 30 mins.

We went to guest services near Men in Black as it was a very sorry queue.

Good luck.
Tangled2022 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We are just in cow fish so will go and ask now. Only letter I have as evidence on my phone is one for my daughter from paed to her school saying she is autistic needs toilet pass and can’t cope with busy environments. Nothing for my son (also autistic)
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yes it’s easy to set up, you just have to go to guest services explain the needs. You don’t need proof they won’t take it. They’ll give you a card as as others have said you’ll either then get a return time or straight access if less than 30 mins.

ETA. It’s valid for whole holiday duration too so you only need to do it once.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 11:44 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

We are currently at Universal too. Even the express lanes are really busy (took 45 mins to get on Simpsons via express lane, general lane stated 30 mins so that was completely wrong) so if he can’t handle those times I would plan around him.
We have a child in a similar position, he can’t bare it in both Harry Potter lands because they are so crowded. He just covers his ears, closes his eyes and gets upset. My husband had to take him out of the express lane for Kong yesterday because it was ridiculous. Its like too many people have express passes 😬😬
We have a assistant pass, you just explain why he can’t queue When we went we explained that Mason has autism with selective mutism, dyspraxia, Crohn’s disease and juvenile arthritis, the lady then asked ‘so why can’t he queue for long?’ 🤦 .
please note that even the express lanes are busy and loud. We found today exceptionally bad. Each autistic child is different though, what one child can cope with another can’t 💗💗
Our eldest daughter is Harry Potter mad so she wants to be in those lands but Mason can’t cope with them 🙈🙈
We have found Jimmy Fallen and Cat in the Hat far less crowded 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We have found Jimmy Fallen far less crowded 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I can’t imagine why.. 🥱
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

If it’s less than 30 minutes they let you straight on ,other than that they give a return time .
The guest services just inside the park is far less busy than the one by the entrance.
Also for Seaworld and Busch Gardens it’s similar but in Busch they really just let you walk on .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
I can’t imagine why.. 🥱
😂😂😂 I actually like it but the fast and furious ride is another story! 😆😆
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List