Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Aug 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Just tried both of our Revolut accounts and neither was accepted. They are both showing on the declined transactions as debit cards which may be the issue as I know normally pre-paid cards should be declared as credit cards if given the option.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Just tried both of our Revolut accounts and neither was accepted. They are both showing on the declined transactions as debit cards which may be the issue as I know normally pre-paid cards should be declared as credit cards if given the option.
Does that mean you have to select type of card before using? And it should be select debit card in Walmart for the Revolut Card? Thanks
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
Our Halifax clarity won’t work at the self serve in Walmart,
Currently here now. We can use it everywhere bar Walmart.
It’s all very inconsistent isn’t it?

My Clarity was the only one I could rely on when Revolut failed. I do always make sure I take cash too, at least that will be accepted 😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We used our Revolut card in Walmart yesterday - no problem at all.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Does that mean you have to select type of card before using? And it should be select debit card in Walmart for the Revolut Card? Thanks
It doesn't give the option, but if it did I believe credit card would be correct.

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
We used our Revolut card in Walmart yesterday - no problem at all.
Was that self checkout or a manned till?

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
It doesn't give the option, but if it did I believe credit card would be correct.

Was that self checkout or a manned till?
It was a manned till.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
It was a manned till.
It definitely seems to be just the self checkouts that don't like revolut then

Old 16 Aug 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ollie87
Excited about Disney

In the near 10 years I've been using Revolut in the US I've never had an issue.

Especially now you can use it with Apple Pay.

That being said I've never been in a Walmart, but Target self-checkout has always worked for me. But even self-service petrol has worked fine for me, just enter all 0s for your ZIP code.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
ollie87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

We arrived back this morning, both Starling and Curve cards declined at self service tills. We were directed to customer services where a very helpful lady explained that the self service tills weren’t programmed to accept uk cards but this was going to be rectified over the coming months as it was impacting the queues at customer services.
notorious is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Manned works fine, self check out also works. You put all your stuff through and then call assistant over, she takes the receipt to the little self check till and the card works on that. Took maybe an extra 3 mins to do.