Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 22, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think I agree with the theory too. When I read the thread title I was momentarily puzzled as it made me think about the old dining plan credits. And I do of course know about and have had the dining offer! The right question to staff, should be, do you take Disney gift cards.

OP, I went to Boathouse in May but I can’t remember how I paid. Do you really need to change your plans though? Even as a solo traveller the dining gift card wasn’t sufficient to cover all my meals and I paid for plenty, this could just be one you pay cash for if you really want to go.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m disappointed you can’t use the credit at Ohana when you seem to be able to use it pretty much everywhere else, including at the Poly. It makes no sense to me!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I’m disappointed you can’t use the credit at Ohana when you seem to be able to use it pretty much everywhere else, including at the Poly. It makes no sense to me!
They do accept it at ‘Ohana. This is the leaflet on the website and from the description it’s basically a gift card in the Disney system. https://www.disneypackages.co.uk/downloads/?file=Walt+Disney+Travel+Company+%2D+Using+Your+Di sney+Dining+and+Merchandise+Credit.pdf

The Boathouse is also on it.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:13 AM.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry to jump on thread, will the $200 gift card be treated the same as the dining credit? Thanks xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Sorry to jump on thread, will the $200 gift card be treated the same as the dining credit? Thanks xx
Yes. You can also use it to pay off your room bill. Not sure you can do that with the dining credit but since it’s essentially a gift card I would be interested to know.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Basically don’t say can I pay with dining credits, say gift card as dining credits can confuse staff? Then scan dining credits anyway?

Edited at 09:52 AM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Basically don’t say can I pay with dining credits, say gift card as dining credits can confuse staff? Then scan dining credits anyway?
That’s what I did. The first time I used it was in the POFQ with the barcode on my Apple Watch. The CM said “oh a gift card” and scanned the barcode. From then on I told servers we had a gift card. We had no issues using it other than the practicalities I mentioned earlier.

If you have a look at the PDF I linked to pretty much everywhere should take it.

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I noticed last night my balance was slightly higher than thought had left and as have not used that much yet was easy to work out and haven’t been charged for the earl of sandwich that had on Friday night. The receipt shows they used my card but the amount (it’s the exact amount of this meal) hasn’t come off.

Also as a more recent opening Salt & Straw accepted it without issue even though not listed on the pdf of places for this year-

Edited at 12:26 PM.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
They do accept it at ‘Ohana. This is the leaflet on the website and from the description it’s basically a gift card in the Disney system. https://www.disneypackages.co.uk/downloads/?file=Walt+Disney+Travel+Company+%2D+Using+Your+Di sney+Dining+and+Merchandise+Credit.pdf

The Boathouse is also on it.
Thank you for posting this. One thing that's interesting is that on my invoice for my trip next month (4 weeks today, yay!) it says 'Disney Dining Credit' but in Manage My Booking it says 'Disney Dining & Merchandise Credit' so I'm wondering which one I'll get. I'm staying at POFQ and will get $61 a night. It's a solo visit and I won't spend all that on food so it'll be handy if I can spend it on merchandise too.

Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Thank you for posting this. One thing that's interesting is that on my invoice for my trip next month (4 weeks today, yay!) it says 'Disney Dining Credit' but in Manage My Booking it says 'Disney Dining & Merchandise Credit' so I'm wondering which one I'll get. I'm staying at POFQ and will get $61 a night. It's a solo visit and I won't spend all that on food so it'll be handy if I can spend it on merchandise too.

Mine also said that and I am hear now and it is just dinning credit. The reason for the change on managing my booking is the wording was changed for 2023 holidays and it has populated through on 2022 manage my bookings. However you will only get the dinning credit and it can’t be used in merchandise locations.

I know might not be interested but you can use on chocolate products in Ghirardelli to take home. If didn’t want chocolate for yourself the tins of chocolates they do make good birthday/Xmas gifts

Edited at 12:59 PM.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List