Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JJ Disney View Post
Thank you YVEMC I will check out that video, it’s not going to ruin my holiday I’m just making observation, I thought the fast pass system was a lot easier and better at universal and we did so many more rides the rapids which my 5 year old daughter lived we went on 10 times I’ve not experienced this here yet but we’ve not been to all the parks.

We are having a lovely time it will not ruin our holiday I just perfected the old system.

Thank you for all the replies it’s good to hear Im not the only one!
People staying offsite will in the main prefer Genie+. Now they don’t have the disadvantage they previously did. Paying a lot more for the accommodation no longer gives much advantage. Whether that’s good or bad will depend on your point of view. As someone who always stays in deluxe hotels, that’s bad from my perspective. The person down on 192 would undoubtedly disagree.
The deluxe hotels with very high prices offer a very poor value proposition at the moment. The problem is they have 90% occupancy so Chapek and co will charge every one of those guests for Genie whilst they can get away with it.
Chapek has just come out and said if demand remains strong, he is putting up prices again.
This will continue until demand drops off, then you may see Genie or better perks being bundled with deluxe.
Personally if I didn’t have DVC I would not be staying Deluxe but would be jumping on booking the new Drurys hotel shortly opening in Disney Springs. These offer amazing value with free food and drink and I’d be booking it before prices go up there when demand goes through the roof when it opens and people realise what that will offer (just stayed in one in New Orleans).

Edited at 12:11 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Ok guys!

Must dash just booked the lightening lane for flight of passage 😆🤣

Toddle pip, tally ho 😘
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ok guys!

Must dash just booked the lightening lane for flight of passage 😆🤣

Toddle pip, tally ho 😘
You are willing to pay more than I am- no way would I spend $80 for my family to ride any ride.
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I can appreciate where the OP is coming from.
Disney have pretty much removed all on-site perks now so to then cough up extra each day is an irritation.
I’m hoping things change a little before we think about going back

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think sadly that a wdw holiday will go back to a once in a lifetime holiday instead of every year or so. With flight prices as well gone up for next year its going to get more expensive.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I absolutely get what you’re saying OP. I did manage to get the genie added to our tickets for the length of stay but it doesn’t really fit with the way we do parks. I have a very similar age split to you too.
This will be our first visit where we won’t have got on FOP. We just couldn’t get in for the 7.30 early entry time. We’ve paid very similar price for our time staying in Saratoga Springs as our previous years but with no dining plan and a $25 a night parking fee. I’m trying not to think too much about it!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Not very fair to people who can’t walk as quick as others though.
That's why FastPass+ could be booked on the app. Best of both worlds.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I’m not trying to bash Disney I love Disney which is why we chose to stay here 11 nights and universal 4 nights!

But I think they could do better I believe that staying in a deluxe resort should give you the genie plus already ax you are paying way more than rating in a moderate resort which we did last time! We stayed at art of animation and if I was there I don’t think I would be comparing or if I was staying in a non Disney hotel I wouldn’t complain but I’m not.

I’m staying in a deluxe resort and I think that we have already paid enough to be be fair.

I’m going to pay for the genie plus but I just feel like we shouldn’t have too, I think even if you stay at the art of animation you shouldn’t have to pay! If you pay the extra coins to stay at a Disney resort you should just get fast passes that enables you to run to the fast pass lane
Here too and love Disney also but agree Genie plus is a bust. Also just see so many cost cuts - so many less cast members, housekeeping is a joke ( Caribbean beach), less magic - cast members just don’t seem as happy, But I mean I love the place so will come back but not every year - maybe every 3-4 years. I think when the recession hits at home and here ( much talk on the news) Disney will have a shock. I think universal is hitting it out the park atm compared to Disney with their customer service and hotels but ultimately Disney has the better parks and history x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I was put off by all the changes this year and decided not to go to Orlando. I have two friends who are out there now and having the absolute best time! I have spent many days wishing I’d just accepted the change and booked.

Saying that, I’d struggle to pay for a single ride. I think I’d moan but accept Genie +. Especially if I could pay in advance. But $80 for one ride will never sit well. We would queue though.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
It's not a level playing field though is it...it's those who can pay more... So that's a moot point. Onsite guests should get the perks given the hotels are significantly more expensive that off-site and whilst I couldn't afford to stay deluxe, I do think deluxe should get more perks as, like the OP said, it's significantly more money...and for what?

I am worried about this Genie system and we fly out Monday. We wouldn't be going this year if it hadn't been postponed. We have been going for 20 years and certainly will be voting with our feet and not returning for a good few years at least. It's outpriced itself and stripped back too many perks to make it worth it now.
Please dont worry, I was worried and thought it would be awful but it wasnt, we got on everything we wanted, granted not me but my DIL did it all but she found genie+ really easy and she wasnt on her phone 24/7,

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List