Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
Would you mind PM'ing me the details please ? I am in Leicester and seriously looking.
I’m a good hour from Leicester sorry and they are local ladies I doubt they go that far. I would try looking for a small local set up that avoids the middle man costs, I found ours asking on local Facebook pages.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We pay £17ph through a company, we could go direct for a few quid cheaper but this removes the problem of holidays, we know that they are DBS checked and insured and also if we dont like them we can tell the company and not the person (though this woudl not bother me)
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Ours are DBS checked and have insurance, proper set up, but yes we did need to skip a clean this month for holiday, I didn’t realise how much we relied on them until we didn’t have them ha.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Just enjoyed a new one as ex moved away. £20 an hour - full security check (needed for her work at a fiends place ) and they have a large house she goes to every day as their but only comes to me for 3 hrs once a week (I hoover up once a day and clean the en-suite myself every time I use it so never too bad)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I pay £12:50 for my cleaner but that’s what she asked for. The last one charged £15 which I think is the going rate here.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Pretty sure we pay around £15ph. South Coast, near Bournemouth.
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I was thinking about working for a company (bit of extra holiday money!), they charge the client about £15 and I'd get £11.
Not sure how easy it is to get your own client list and charge what want!
I know it sounds like your boss would be making a lot more than you BUT don't forget that they have to pay for cleaning products, hoover bags, washing all the cloth's, petrol, public liability insurance, car tax, extra car insurance, holidays, and tax and NI...And although the money sounds good(for the boss) remember no one gets paid for the times between each job and loading /unloading... The time spent going to view each job and time cleaning cloth's ect...

It is also hard work and made harder in the heat... You might be paid for 6 hrs work but actually out of the house for 8.. And try and fit lunch time in there as well..(i often dont eat all day or just eat snacks to save time)... Then there is the book work and shopping for cleaning products...And you dont get holiday pay if you are the boss..(i do put a bit away each week to try and cover the cost)...Then there is work clothes, shoes...
I have to charge a retainer as when people have to cancel me i have no one to fill in so was loosing the money...

I sometimes think to myself is it worth it but i have had some clients since day 1 and that was 1998 and they need me... I also have some disabled clients and also some VERY busy clients...

I often say to people (who think its easy) start at the top of your house and clean it top to bottom and then do it again and then again then again !

I have just put my prices up to £15 but here in Cambridge i know lots who charge £20/£25 ph...

Think long and hard if it is worth being your own boss or happy for the £11ph without all the headache...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
I know it sounds like your boss would be making a lot more than you BUT don't forget that they have to pay for cleaning products, hoover bags, washing all the cloth's, petrol, public liability insurance, car tax, extra car insurance, holidays, and tax and NI...And although the money sounds good(for the boss) remember no one gets paid for the times between each job and loading /unloading... The time spent going to view each job and time cleaning cloth's ect...

It is also hard work and made harder in the heat... You might be paid for 6 hrs work but actually out of the house for 8.. And try and fit lunch time in there as well..(i often dont eat all day or just eat snacks to save time)... Then there is the book work and shopping for cleaning products...And you dont get holiday pay if you are the boss..(i do put a bit away each week to try and cover the cost)...Then there is work clothes, shoes...
I have to charge a retainer as when people have to cancel me i have no one to fill in so was loosing the money...

I sometimes think to myself is it worth it but i have had some clients since day 1 and that was 1998 and they need me... I also have some disabled clients and also some VERY busy clients...

I often say to people (who think its easy) start at the top of your house and clean it top to bottom and then do it again and then again then again !

I have just put my prices up to £15 but here in Cambridge i know lots who charge £20/£25 ph...

Think long and hard if it is worth being your own boss or happy for the £11ph without all the headache...
From what I have been told, she runs things a little differently to that! Some of the things are different but some are the same. It's a bit like an umbrella, she takes on the cleaners but you're your own boss if that makes sense?
I'd have to buy my own products and there's no holiday pay etc. It would be something to take on around my current job - if I went ahead with it!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
£15-20 PH around here if you can get one
Mine just retired after 15 years and decent cleaners are few and far between
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Yes that's about right. When you factor in they won't (in most cases) be working full time for you. They'll work a few hours and then travel time in between clients. Plus purchasing new supplies.

When we had a housekeeper, we were given two hourly rates: one where she supplied her own equipment/products, and one where she didn't. We went for the higher rate, but supplied a new Dyson in the end.

It was lovely coming home to the smell of a freshly cleaned house.

Sadly she left to move up country. We never had a housekeeper since.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List