Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Excellent BA service in stressful situation

We flew to San Francisco on Monday, on Tuesday morning we had a call to say my father in law had been admitted to hospital and the situation was extremely serious. I contacted BA on duty.office@holidays.ba.com and they had rebooked us onto the flight home for the same day within 2 hours of my initial email(5.30am local time). I cannot fault their help and support in such a stressful situation. ANYONE travelling on a BA package, put this email in your contacts, I was only aware of it due to having to cancel our previous trip at the last minute(literally) due to covid. This is the support contact if you are overseas or 24hrs before departure. Unfortunately my father in law passed away, but due to our swift return we were able to see him before he passed.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I am so sorry for your loss x But thank you for taking the time to come and advise others of this

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We flew to San Francisco on Monday, on Tuesday morning we had a call to say my father in law had been admitted to hospital and the situation was extremely serious. I contacted BA on duty.office@holidays.ba.com and they had rebooked us onto the flight home for the same day within 2 hours of my initial email(5.30am local time). I cannot fault their help and support in such a stressful situation. ANYONE travelling on a BA package, put this email in your contacts, I was only aware of it due to having to cancel our previous trip at the last minute(literally) due to covid. This is the support contact if you are overseas or 24hrs before departure. Unfortunately my father in law passed away, but due to our swift return we were able to see him before he passed.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I am so sorry for your family's loss but that BA were able to really go above and beyond in such an awful situation.

Thoughts and prayers are with you all

xx
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss. I’m glad that BA were exemplary in getting your swift return sorted. x
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

So sorry for your loss - but thank you for providing that useful piece of information.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm sorry for your loss. I had a similar type of problem. I got the phone call to say my mother had died. I immediately booked a flight from Madrid to LHR for the same day ..when I printed off boarding pass I realized it was in three weeks. Then rebooked and flew to UK
When I contacted BA..they were brilliant and my non flight was reimbursed within 24 hrs. Couldn't fault them
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m so terribly sorry for your loss 😢
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby B
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear about your Father in Law, but thank you for sharing this info - I usually fly BA so will save it just in case.
Libby B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

So sorry for your loss. X
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

So very sorry to hear of your loss,really appreciate the information,very useful.take care
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List