Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

United Airlines - Travel Ready

Hey,

We are loading all our passports etc on the travel ready section of United Airlines App. After each passport was uploaded it asked us to confirm county where we live and then said “completed” on the passport and visa section.

When I tried to do my sons, on the screen where it asks country of residence it also asked if he had a visa or esta, so I said Esta. Now it’s just showing as pending and won’t let us check in and advising us he needs to check in at the airport so they can verify his documentation.

Obviously I worried I had put the wrong information somewhere so I have double checked his passport against the esta and info held on the travel ready and it’s all the same.

Has anyone else had anything similar?

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

You can only checkin 24hrs before flight, so hopefully it will sort itself out. But I would print off Esta confirmation to take to the airport, in case it won’t let you do it online.
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
You can only checkin 24hrs before flight, so hopefully it will sort itself out. But I would print off Esta confirmation to take to the airport, in case it won’t let you do it online.
We weren’t trying to check in yet, as you rightly say it’s too soon. But our passport section shows in green and ready, my sons in yellow and says he had to check in at the airport and won’t be able to do it on line when the time comes.

Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Your son could have been chosen for extra security checks. Don't worry about it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Can’t offer any advice about that, sorry, as the travel ready section worked ok for our party.
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
robrob71
Earning More Ears

I had a few problems with the United Travel Ready Center. Our passports all scanned with no problems weeks in advance. However, when I tried to check in 24hrs in advance, I couldn't check in my two children. It kept saying their passports had to be verified.

I phoned the United help line but they were totally unable to help (after a 40 min wait) saying they could not see anything to do with the check-in process or help with passports not being verified. Anyway, I had also downloaded the United app onto my iPad in order to be able to use their streaming entertainment. In the app, under the "...More" section, there is a "Help Center". Click on that and there is a "Contact us" button. Within that section there is a live chat function.

I used that and explained my issue to the agent. She told me the problem was that there was no information stored in my flight reference for the children's passports. I told her they had scanned with no issues in the App and they were showing as "Green" and "Travel Ready" within the app. She replied that it didn't matter, she still had no information stored for them. The app allowed me to take a pic and upload each passport and she manually typed all the information in to the system. After I finished with her, I tried to check in the kids again (on my phone this time) and it suddenly worked.

I realise this isn't the precise issue you are having but she did tell me that they normally liked to verify children's passports at the airport but since I was able to send pics to her of the passports, she could do it instead.

If you have their app downloaded, try the direct message function and the agent may be able to manually load the passport data in to allow you to check-in.
robrob71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Your son could have been chosen for extra security checks. Don't worry about it.
Thanks for this, that would make sense. My son is 22, but I won’t tell him as he has really bad anxiety and this will make him stress and panic before flying. I will just tell him we all needed verification and that they may ask some questions. But your comment has helped me be a bit prepared for the situation, so thank you.

Old 13 Aug 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had this recently with DH and Delta - we could all check in apart from him - it just meant that we all went to the desk at the airport, and there were no issues. I think it is an additional security check. Please try and not worry,
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List