Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Apr 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
What a shame that you had some lows on your trip. We were very lucky I guess when we went for DD’s hen party in November. I speak a little French but I doubt that helped me as we looked undoubtedly British with our sashes and personalised ears! We didn’t encounter any rudeness from the French at all. In actual fact it was a British family who were pushing and swearing at everyone on the shuttle bus - and they were at our hotel too so people were giving them a wide berth.
Old 1 Apr 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I can see a future where we’ll be getting our Disney fix at DLP because we can’t sort travel insurance for the US.
I think we’ll cope better with the cultural differences after DH working in France for a while.
It always amuses him going to Les Halles at Epcot where the counter staff only seem to smile when they’re chatting to each other 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
We have family in France (and my OH was born in France) so we visit alot and find that slow service is just part of the deal over there! I totally agree with the seemingly inefficient way you have to queue and then pay then queue again, it happens all over the place - especially when it comes to 'fast food' which just goes against French culture totally so they seem to be pretty rubbish at organising it!

Just last week we were in Flunch in Lille and you queue, pay, get given a ticket. Find a seat. Then take your ticket up to another counter where you queue again, they only then start making your food. It's painful! But even when you ask family who have lived there 30 years why it's such hard work they just give you a traditional French shrug and say "because it is"

I am mostly used to it now, but it can still be frustrating at times.
Its so frustrating. I don't mind a slower pace but being completely ignored for 20 minutes riles me up! It's a good job all the food was worth waiting for, it was all much better quality that I was expecting having read various reviews.

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
What a shame that you had some lows on your trip. We were very lucky I guess when we went for DD’s hen party in November. I speak a little French but I doubt that helped me as we looked undoubtedly British with our sashes and personalised ears! We didn’t encounter any rudeness from the French at all. In actual fact it was a British family who were pushing and swearing at everyone on the shuttle bus - and they were at our hotel too so people were giving them a wide berth.
Brits abroad are always the worse aren't they?! The french guests were fine, no problem with them. It was a couple of CM's who I found rude. One at Hunters Grill and one at the Baby Care Center specifically, maybe it was just a case of being lost in translation but I find a smile can break all language barriers and they were hard to come by from some (not all, some were lovely )

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
I can see a future where we’ll be getting our Disney fix at DLP because we can’t sort travel insurance for the US.
I think we’ll cope better with the cultural differences after DH working in France for a while.
It always amuses him going to Les Halles at Epcot where the counter staff only seem to smile when they’re chatting to each other 😁
On a whole, DLP exceeded my expectations and I would happily go back again. Ive been to France many times but I guess I noticed the CM's attitude a bit more as I was in the so called 'Disney bubble'.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh I am totally with you on the slow service, painful!

I'm excited to read the full report and hear more about your trip!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
It's been over 5 years since we went and it sounds judging by the lows that nothing has changed or improved.
Our experience vowed that I would never return and nothing I have read has changed my opinion.
Having said that some parts of the parks were better than WDW but overall the rudeness of some CM's will mean I will not change my mind. I would much rather pay a bit more to go to Florida and enjoy the interaction with CM's who enjoy the job they do.
This is of course just my opinion.