Notices

Old 2 May 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mortie View Post
Good luck getting FP today hope you get everything you want
Thank you. Just finished transferring our scribbled notes into a proper easy to read list.

I have also gone through it and sorted an order to try to book them in so that I get the more important times or mist popular times sorted first. Fingers crossed it works out ok!
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Fast pass booking all done and I am more or less happy with everything.

We have a bit of a gap between fastpasses at Epcot on our first full day but I got the rides we wanted.

I am going to try to push the rides in Magic Kingdom a little later, already managed to adjust them a little so that we have a bit longer between our 5pm ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern and the start of the Haunted Mansion FP. I need to get the last one moved and work back so might not manage that.

The first day I was booking FOP is day 6 and I was hoping to make it our first FP of the day but had to make it the last, but it is still in the morning so no real problem other than some extra walking (planning to rope drop Navi during EMH).

On our second day at HS i couldn't get a ToT slot so changed it to TSM. We already have ToT another day and have all done it at DLP so not too fussed to not get it.

The only other change was the first fass pass on our second day at Epcot which I just booked what was free at 9am. The only one I am really bothered about it the Frozen one that day. We are planning to to the park close to 11am and stay until close and go round the world show case. I will see if we can book and IllumiNations FP after we check in to Frozen so just booked the others so we could get another Tier 1 FP straight after that.

Having never done FP booking before the system was fairly easy to navigate. I got slightly confused as to what I wanted to book when and the couple of things that I couldn't initially get on my first pass through our list threw me a bit but I got there in the end.

Now I just have to twiddle my thumbs for another 60 days!

The are only real thing a couple of things that we need to think about for the other parks. The first is when best to do Tigris at Busch Gardens. We have already decided that if it is busy we will get the express passes which give you one skip the queue for each of the big rides apart from Tigris. They are $50 each but we only have time to visit on one day.

The second thing will be when best to ride Hagrid's Moterbike, assuming that there is no FOLP for it initially.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Wow you are packing a lot in, how exciting doing all the planning
It’s one of my favourite parts of the holiday, planning and arranging it all
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Wow you are packing a lot in, how exciting doing all the planning
It’s one of my favourite parts of the holiday, planning and arranging it all
Yes, it is going to be a pretty bust 3 weeks! We have some earlyish finishes at the start and some late starts towards the end of the disney stay.

Water park days at Aquatica and Volcano bay will almost definitely include a nap time in the afternoon and if we are very tired we will just eat and have early nights those days too.

I guess the most important thing to remember is that even though we have made lots of plans we need to just adapt them if needed when we are there. (more excuse to go back in a couple of years if we miss anything out! )
Old 2 May 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Love hearing about about all your pre trip plans. We went for 3 weeks on our first trip after we had children (although it was trip no.4 for me), and we still didn't do all that I'd wanted to!

Just wanted to let you know that the MK 4th July fireworks are on on the 3rd July as well. Tim Tracker did a vlog from the beach at the Poly (in 2017 or 2018) as apparently they are great viewed from outside the park, as they surround it.

You Fantasmic meal on day 3, may be better moved to later in the trip too , when you are more adjusted to the jetlag.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Love hearing about about all your pre trip plans. We went for 3 weeks on our first trip after we had children (although it was trip no.4 for me), and we still didn't do all that I'd wanted to!

Just wanted to let you know that the MK 4th July fireworks are on on the 3rd July as well. Tim Tracker did a vlog from the beach at the Poly (in 2017 or 2018) as apparently they are great viewed from outside the park, as they surround it.

You Fantasmic meal on day 3, may be better moved to later in the trip too , when you are more adjusted to the jetlag.
Thanks. We are not sure if we are going to go to HS for a third time or not, we might just have a park free day but though it was better to have fastpasses as an option. We in part chose HS incase we don't manage it on the day we have Mama Melrose. We have managed to move Mama Melrose from 3pm to 5.15pm as well so we might head back to the hotel for a nap at lunchtime if we need.

I was keen to book O'hana on 4th July and view the fireworks from the beach but DH and DS overruled me on that one.

Looking on the bright side, at least later visits to MK won't feel as busy, even if it is pretty busy after being in on 4th July! Lol