Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Are we going in May... or not? Day 3 - villa and big cats!

We wake at 3.30 again but manage to go back to sleep till 6.40, our normal wake up time in the U.K. a breakfast of cornflakes and coffee.

We’re heading out this morning to check out the local garage sales, we visit a few but we don’t buy anything. A quick visit to friends who are also having a sale today, it’s a flying visit though as were off to Starbucks.

Lowes next, 3rd visit of the holiday! It’s like having a 14 day Disney pass but no ears!

We buy more outlet covers to finish off the kitchen. Thankfully Starbucks is next door so we grab some coffee and sit outside in the sun with an old fashioned donut and a chocolate croissant.

Next door again to the Walmart liquor store for Gin. The Gin revolution clearly hasn’t hit Florida yet. They have ordinary gin and a few flavoured ones, the flavoured ones are $35😳 but we do find a twisted lime one for $10 so we buy it.

Walmart itself to return some suncream that doesn’t spray and Richard needs an internet cable thingy! I also need hairspray, I have a new business opportunity, importing Elnett hairspray, it’s $13 a can here, I can make a huge profit on it! A big picture frame is also purchased for our big Animal kingdom poster we brought over from home. It’s new home will be the wall in the safari room.

Home and Richard starts sorting the blinds, these are a pain in the ass, they break all the time! I hang the voile I have bought for our bedroom window, I’m getting there with this room now!

We hang the new canvas in our bedroom and stop for lunch which is last nights leftovers.

We catch an hour or so in the sun, it’s 95 degrees on our deck!🌞

We have showers and get sorted, we’re off to Spring Hill which is showing an hour and a half’s drive away. My friend Claire has bought a Groupon to a Wildlife Sanctuary, we have paid $5 each! Our tour is supposed to be 5.30 so we get there a little earlier to be told the tour is 6pm, not according to the messages they sent to Claire! They do allow us in but we can only sit at the picnic tables and not wander around.

There are about 25 of us in the tour group. We see Cougars, Serval, Bob Cats, Leopard Cats, lots of lemurs, emus, a pot bellied pig and tigers. All are here because their owners couldn’t look after them. The whole place is volunteer run and donation funded, they clearly love their animals.

When we leave we head to Fords Garage at Lakeland, it’s getting late so we’re seated straight away. Richard and I share a plate of pulled pork nachos and some onion rings, $35 including 2 cokes and tip.

Home and bed, late night tonight! TTFN XX

Edited at 12:23 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Selina
I gave up on our Back slider doors and blinds last trip andhas the windows tinted love them
Cats just a big bigger than your fur babies
I really think Us dibb villa owners need to sort out a multi buy discount card
We can be in every day as it's at the end of the street and sells Ian's favorite 2for a $ peanuts and cheap bottled water
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 20 May 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

A lovely day. Have you been to Big Cat Rescue in Tampa? This is another place that takes in large cats from places that can't or wont look after them any more.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

It’s on our to do list at some point!
Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
A lovely day. Have you been to Big Cat Rescue in Tampa? This is another place that takes in large cats from places that can't or wont look after them any more.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Amazing pictures! X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s so hot here at the moment.

No storms to cool it all down !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. A lovely trip out however what makes people think they are capable of looking after animals like this. So good that there is a sanctuary to take them in when they get too much for the owners.
Trying to work out what is on the tortoises shell

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I think is ‘danger’ sticker! Not that the tortoise is dangerous obviously but so that people don’t accidentally tread on him or kick him! QUOTE=Mr Tom Morrow;13857328]Selina. A lovely trip out however what makes people think they are capable of looking after animals like this. So good that there is a sanctuary to take them in when they get too much for the owners.
Trying to work out what is on the tortoises shell[/QUOTE]