Notices

Old 17 Aug 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Our Californian adventure.

This holiday will consist of:
Myself, Lucy (34) lover of all things Disney, theme park fanatic & shopaholic
DH, Paul (45) secret lover of Disney too (we went to see monsters inc on our first date) again loves the coasters & fan of BIG burger
DS, Riley (11) Also loves theme parks & crazy about football- in fact there is something special in our plan just for him, but of course Dad will love it too
DD, Poppy (9) Loves Disney but has also recently found a love for snoopy- we have a beagle at home, so it's partly her fault. Poppy also loves the rides, however, has a fear of Tower of Terror - she plans to conquer it this year.

Anyway, this is our plan...

Travel day
We plan to be up early and heading to subway for breakfast before dropping the dog at my Mums. We also plan to pick up some sandwiches for lunch at Tesco because there is never a lot on offer at Heathrow Terminal 5. Once the dog is safely with Mum and goodbyes are over we plan on heading home, doing the last checks before the taxi is due at 10:30.

We have done online check in, so once at the airport will just need to drop off bags and make our way through and await our BA flight at 16:10.

All going well our flight should land at LAX at 19:10 their time. Once through security we need to head to Avis to pick up the car hire before heading to Best Western Plus Raffles inn & Suites Anaheim. Once there it should be time to crash

Day one
The hotel were staying at includes a continental breakfast, so the morning will involve heading here.After breakfast we plan is to hit Outlets at Orange and perhaps Main place mall - did I mention we love shopping .
The rest of the day- if indeed there is any day left- will be spent checking out the local area.

Day two
Since it is a weekend we decided that today has to be set aside for... Yep you guessed it more shopping. So, with that in mind the plan is to visit Citadel Outlets and Brea Mall.

Day three
Well today is a day for some proper fun- hoping that our bodies have begun to adjust- and we plan to go to Sunset Ranch and do the hour horse trek, which takes in the Hollywood sign. I have always wanted to go horse riding, however, despite my constant hints Paul has never agreed to do this year, so I was surprised when he agreed to this
After the horse riding we are heading to look at Walk of fame and Rodeo Drive.

Day four
Today is set aside for Disneyland, which means no time for anything else today.

Day five
I've got our WB tour booked for today- this is included on our GO LA cards- for 10:30. After this we plan on heading to do the Hollywood home tours .

Day six
Is another park day, this time it's Six Flags- also on the GO LA card.

Day seven
Reservation with Goofy for Breakfast this morning. We're all so excited about this because we never managed to book any in Florida - probably because we book late . After this we plan on having a somewhat leisurely day at Soak City. To finish the day we might pop into Mall Los Cerritos - it's so close by it seems rude not to

Day eight
It's back to Disney, but this time California Adventures.

Day nine
Well the week has been lacking on the shopping front, so we've slipped in here and plan on going to Ontario Mills. In the evening we have booked seats to see LA Galaxy, Riley really hopes he gets to Stephen Gerrard and pick up some merchandise.

Day ten
It's a beach kind of a day, so we're going to hit Santa Monica and Muscle beach.

Day eleven
Knotts Berry farm today. All prepared to meet Snoopy and collect the cowboy snoopy Poppy has been talking about - she saw it on Knotts berry Farm website.

Day twelve
Back to the beach. Paul has decided we must visit Huntington Beach because it's the one the Hollister shops show in the screen - I'd never even noticed this, far to busy shopping.

Day thirteen
Last full day is going to be spent at Universal - this means we've covered most of the parks.

Day fourteen.
Nothing plan for today, however, will be departing from LAX at 18:00
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List