Notices

Old 2 Mar 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy, Tom & Oscar 1st birthday trip, Easter 19

Tom, lucy and Oscars first birthday trip

Hi and welcome to our latest pre trip.

I’ve still got to write up fully the last 2 trips from last year but we’ve booked to go back so it’s only right to do a pre trip.

The cast for this adventure if you haven’t seen any of your other reports ( linked below if you want to catch up.)

Me - Tom

Main planner, lover of most things American. Enjoy a good bbq all washed down with a nice cold IPA.
Day job is working for a French owned F1 team. I’m factory based so dint have the hassle of flying round the world 21 weekends of the year. Guess the day job doesn’t help as I’ve also a petrol head, and excuse to get to a car show or do something automotive.

The wife - Lucy

Happy to just go along with the flow (most of the time, until she ends up at a car show). Still enjoying listening to country music and trying her hardest to win the hire car radio station battle.
Current day job is being a mom, but her maternity leave is very almost up so she isn’t looking forward to going back part time.

The boy - Oscar

Oscar will turn 1 the day before we fly. He is developing a funny little personality and takes everything in, he is pretty nosy.
Currently at 11 months old he is crawling everywhere and will pull himself up and walk along furniture at every opportunity.
He got a love of any music and enjoys a little dance.

The trip

This marks Our 14th trip to WDW since 2007. Lucy has been a few more times than I have as a kid. We’ve also do California twice and NYC couple of times.

Oscar is a super lucky boy as this will be his 3rd trip, we came last August when he was 4 months

and then came back in November when he was 7 months (both trips still need writing up).

As I pointed out we fly the day after Oscars birthday but only by chance, we had halved planned to come back early this year as we’d got annual passes from last years visit. We always keep an eye on May flights as we’ve had some good last minute deals over the past 4 years.
However we soon thought that May wouldn’t be the best with Oscar started nursery and Lucy going back to work. We started to have a little look round April which meant Easter and the extra expense of school holidays. I decided not bother looking as I thought it’s going to be way to expensive and busy, we did Easter years ago and vowed never again because of the crowds. However I was wrong!

Flights:
I noticed a bargain flight with Tui for £230 each (not including baggage) from Gatwick so thought why not we don’t have to do the parks over Easter weekend.
A day later it was all booked. Gatwick wouldn’t be our first choice but it’s a direct flight so can handle the m25 pain.
For the cheap price we have even paid for Oscar to have a seat and plan taking his car seat in board as he would sit still for 10min let alone 8hours.

Valet parking and a night in the premier inn Gatwick all booked for the night before.

Accommodation:
Those who have read before know we are lucky to have use of a condo on Terrace Ridge. Lucy’s mon and dad own it, that’s why we have managed so many trips over the last 7 years. It really is our home away from home.

The one thing on this trip we shall have to leave it one night early due to another booking so have rented some DVC points from a dibber and got our last night in bay lake tower. Both super excited as never stopped on site before and what better way to do it.

Car:
Gone our my days of having a mustang or similar, there is no way we’d get 3 cases and a pushchair in for the airport runs. Plus Lucy isn’t a fan of driving them, “ too low down for me” is here usual complaint.
Our November trip we had a large suv so we could fit the 3 of us plus Lucy’s mom and dad. Lucy was a big fan so when it came to booking this trip it felt like a no brainier to hire one again. The standard suv was mega money and the premium suv was much cheaper so booked that (still a lot but all car hire is as it’s Easter)

The plan:
We have still got our annual passes so that’s the tickets taken care off. We will also plan on a trip over to the coast and maybe a trip on the train to winter park.
We don’t plan on hitting parks day after day have a bit of rest time and chill a bit. Especially as there is no way we plan on park hopping over the Easter weekend.
I might even try to finish off and upload my other reports while we chill in the condo or round the pool.

So that’s a summary of our upcoming trip I’ll try to get get our last 2 up and then this one shortly after we return.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

So think we’ve sorted everything for our trip as we fly in 5days. And what better way to keep pre holiday prep stress free than throwing a 1 year olds birthday party and inviting loads of friends and family.

Sure everything will go ok keep fingers crossed.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List