Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Computer says no!

In the Easter holidays I took 2 of my granddaughters to Boots for some make up. Boots have a new (to me)range called CYO (I suspect it's replaced Seventeen) Anyway as part of the promotion we were given a free "Living your best life" make up bag. One make up bag, two girls! I have kept the bag to keep the peace! Yesterday I went to Boots and asked if I could buy another bag - no they are promotional only. Can I buy the make up - no the promotion has finished. The bags are in the drawer under the stand, I saw them!
So I came home and emailed head office. They said they could not locate any of the bags so I told them exactly where they were and they then said it was down to the store manager what they did with ex promo left overs! I just know they will end up in a bin somewhere! Grrr!

And then the Spa I have booked and paid for for July has emailed to says I will lose some of my loyalty points because it will be over a year since I last went there. I don't seem to be able to get through it wasn't anything like a year when I made the booking and paid in full for five people. Arghhhhh!

I know it's first world problems etc but by hell it's irritating!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

Re the make up bags, I don't think they will be thrown out. I think the staff will take them for their own kids.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just plain stupid - you think they would be glad they get used. Wouldn’t be surprised if some turned up on eBay.
Re the spa points, can’t you buy a product over the phone which will mean there is activity on your card to save the points?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Re the make up bags, I don't think they will be thrown out. I think the staff will take them for their own kids.
They haven't so far. That's the frustrating bit they have presumably been there for weeks.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Just plain stupid - you think they would be glad they get used. Wouldn’t be surprised if some turned up on eBay.
Re the spa points, can’t you buy a product over the phone which will mean there is activity on your card to save the points?
I would have thought my booking was enough but I will end up buying something I don't want or need - again.
Old 17 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I can only help regarding the make up bag! My daughter got the same freebie in Boots, sadly the dog munched it but I found a replacement on EBay for a fiver.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
I can only help regarding the make up bag! My daughter got the same freebie in Boots, sadly the dog munched it but I found a replacement on EBay for a fiver.
They have them for a tenner, maybe Ill sell mine and let the girls split the money!

Edited at 10:03 PM.
Old 17 May 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I worked at Boots and my mother worked there for 55 years! Not good customer service and total lack of ‘can do’ attitude.
Old 17 May 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A bit like there scripts in plastic bags now they are using central pharmacy’s points to make up repeats doesn’t go well with there
Eco ethos
Try naming and shaming them with that one on plastic waste going needlessly to land fill
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Compare this customer service(or lack of) with Florida, coupons thrown at you to save a few dollars, free samples handed out. Nothing too much trouble when you ask for advice or help!
Extra gift packaging given for gifting back home.
Best offers and deals pointed out when you are buying an item.
Then you tend to return to these places and buy again. Surely a win win for all!

Edited at 04:51 PM.
olgaandcoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List