Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Getting between POR and Boardwalk ?

Hi, we are here now and would like to visit the Boardwalk.
Specifically my DH wants to go to Beaches and Cream!

We are at POR - do we need to get a Disney bus to any park and then just switch to a Boardwalk bus? Is the Boardwalk literally right there through the resort?
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
Hi, we are here now and would like to visit the Boardwalk.
Specifically my DH wants to go to Beaches and Cream!

We are at POR - do we need to get a Disney bus to any park and then just switch to a Boardwalk bus? Is the Boardwalk literally right there through the resort?
If you take the bus to Epcot, then go through Future World to World Showcase and got through the exit at International Gateway and the Boardwalk and Beach Club is 5mins walk away, or you can catch a boat to the Beach Club from same place

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
PS forgot to say International Gateway Exit is between UK and France

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I’d get the bus to a resort and then a bus to Beach Club for for Beaches & Cream
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Uber. Few dollars, easy and will save you a heap of time.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. We might go via Epcot as we love the park so can have a meander around there on the way.
We have used Uber a few times this trip and I do agree it’s fab, so quick.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We had to go from POR to the Boardwalk a few times when we went in April. Took the bus to HS and either walked it or took the boat. Both were nice.
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

We ubered it from POR when we went to beaches and cream, it was very fast and I think cost around $7, depends if you have any time constraints, but it really makes it a lot easier.
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Of course as a previous Poster has said you will need to go the The Beach Club for this dining experience, and not the Boardwalk.

Also, looking back we used to enjoy the expanded experience of this Diner being a "Walk-Up," with you being given a good old fashioned Pager to Buzz you once your table availability was imminent!

Oh, such little things long since gone, but were a nice touch for many, many years!

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

You could also catch the boat from POR to disney springs and then bus from there. An alternative if you like a nice walk you could catch the bus to Hollywood studios and walk from there, if your not already familiar there's a pathway to the right hand side of the park entrance and takes you via swan and dolphin then onto the boardwalk it's about 1 mile to beaches and cream. And as already mentioned there's also a boat from Hollywood studios 😊

Edited at 07:03 AM.
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List