Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Do they always scan fast passes?

My youngest is short. Have currently booked all of us on star tours. Assuming hubby and eldest go on it what happens with ours? Do we cancel them or are they scanned so we can then get more etc
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

You'll either need to scan them all, cancel yours and your youngest to book one when the other two come off, or wait til the end of the hour for it to expire.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok thanks. Would be better if I could get something for me and littlest but can’t find owt the biggest doesn’t want to go on too
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
My youngest is short. Have currently booked all of us on star tours. Assuming hubby and eldest go on it what happens with ours? Do we cancel them or are they scanned so we can then get more etc
They only tend to scan them if you enter the fastpass ride entrance. If you're not going to ride then it's unlikely you'll enter the fastpass queue. Therefore, you would either cancel them or let the time expire (in which case they are classed as being "used").

Of course, if you know you and your youngest aren't going to ride then you could change the fastpasses for something else. That way, whilst the others are on Star Tours, you could go on something else (mind you, there's not a lot of choice in HS).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Ok thanks. Would be better if I could get something for me and littlest but can’t find owt the biggest doesn’t want to go on too
Could you maybe repeat a ride that they want to go on? So you all go on it another time but you and youngest do it twice? Seems fairer than waiting for them or being in a longer queue?
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You change change your two fast passes out for something else. Or swap magic bands and let the other two ride twice then try and get some more afterwards. We did it a few times by switching bands and someone riding twice on things others didn't fancy.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

i would be looking to book something else for your little one, plus consider child swap for the bigger ride eg dad & son FP, you get a swap and ride with son.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
You change change your two fast passes out for something else. Or swap magic bands and let the other two ride twice then try and get some more afterwards. We did it a few times by switching bands and someone riding twice on things others didn't fancy.
Does this always work with swapping bands? I wondered this on our last trip as I have a bad back so can't go on some of the biggest rides and youngest is too scared! I wasn't sure if the bands showed other information and whether hubby would get questioned using the band of a 7 year old girl 😂
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

While it probably will work swapping bands, I personally wouldn’t book a fast pass for something I’ve no intention of going on. I’d leave it available for someone else to use.

It’s a different scenario if a fast pass is booked with the intention of using it, then you decide at the time you don’t really fancy going on the ride.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
Does this always work with swapping bands? I wondered this on our last trip as I have a bad back so can't go on some of the biggest rides and youngest is too scared! I wasn't sure if the bands showed other information and whether hubby would get questioned using the band of a 7 year old girl 😂
The only thing I have seen flash up on the FastPass queue CM's screen is the first name of the MagicBand holder. So if an obviously female name flashes up & it's a male using the band they may say something - but more than likely would not bother. You can easily say "oh I must have picked up the wife's band by mistake". That said, guests go to Disney from around the world so in many cases it will be impossible for the CM to guess if the name is male or female - they just look for the "big green tick" on the screen to indicate the FP+ time slot is valid.

I have no idea if other messages flash up - e.g. if it is the MacigBand holders birthday - to enable the CM to make their day that bit more special. Would not surprise me if it did - Disney like to get things right & make their guests feel special as it makes them spend money.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List