Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 14 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I suppose as you'll be at CSR next year it's not such a big deal to miss out this year. It will be nice for you to see the changes at CBR.

I'd opt for a night at RPR over moving to CSR, the Express passes would be much appreciated.
I think youre right, weve stayed at RPR the last few times weve done Universal so the express passes will be missed if we dont stay there!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Im having the same wobble but as weve never done CBR yet, Im going to stick to it mainly for the kids. CSR rooms do look great. I like Collettes logic to justify CSR!
I cant wait to hear all about your hols and Galaxy Edge.
CBR will be great if you like the idea of the Skyliner. Unfortunately we dont so its not a selling point for us. Its the reason we changed to a preferred room as theyre the other side of the resort. Its a lovely resort though and we do love the theming.

Hopefully Ill get round to actually writing a trip report once we come home!

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 21 May 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well in true cant leave well enough alone style Ive gone and switched to CSR. I decided it wasnt too much more and we like the idea of somewhere we havent stayed before. Plus the rooms just look so nice. I blame you Colette . Better get my countdown changed!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018

Edited at 09:56 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 21 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Oh you are naughty.

The rooms look really nice, especially the bathrooms. When we stayed there we had been allocated a refurbed room but I had request Casitas and asked to be moved, I definitely regretted it as once we walked around the other areas of the resort I realised I preferred them.

I'm really excited to hear what you make of the resort, I loved CBR last year but my feelings around the Skyliner are much the same as yours.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change at the All-Stars
Unread 21 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh you are naughty.

The rooms look really nice, especially the bathrooms. When we stayed there we had been allocated a refurbed room but I had request Casitas and asked to be moved, I definitely regretted it as once we walked around the other areas of the resort I realised I preferred them.

I'm really excited to hear what you make of the resort, I loved CBR last year but my feelings around the Skyliner are much the same as yours.
I didnt realise youd stayed at CSR before. Ive liked the look of it for a while but always ended up elsewhere. I think the new showers look fab!

The Skyliner has really ruined CBR for me. Its such a shame too as we really liked it last time we stayed there.

Im feeling good about changing as itll be nice to stay somewhere new. It may turn out to be our new favourite!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 25 May 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well today I was browsing the Virgin Atlantic site to see if there were upper deck seats available in PE for our return (theres only 1) and I noticed row 79 was free for our outbound in economy. We chatted it over given its 35 pp to book and as a row of 3 theres the chance of a random in the window seat and since Marie will be sitting next to the random while Im in the aisle seat we decided to go for it. Weve never flown in the bubble before and wanted to try it. The only seats left up there now are all single seats, mostly window seats, so were keeping our fingers crossed that no one will end up in the window seat. Obviously theres the chance of a single traveller so were not going to expect it. Now hoping for a quick exit and out to immigration before a 747 full of people! Hopefully itll be worth the 35 each for that!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 25 May 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Hopefully that seat will be free, in all the times Nik and I have flown just the two of us we've only had a spare seat in the row once. We were so nervous waiting for the gate to close so we knew for sure it would be vacant!

I saw a video of CBR with the gondolas going overhead and I think you've made the right decision to move. I feel as though the tower and the new restaurant on the lake at CSR impact the feel of it but they are nothing compared to the Skyliner. The ambience at CBR is completely ruined and I can't foresee us staying there ever again, despite me loving the resort last year. It's very sad.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change at the All-Stars
Unread 25 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Cant wait to find out what you think of CSR. Friends have just returned and they loved it. Im going to stick with CBR mainly as the youngest loves Jack Sparrow so I think shell like the theme of being in the Caribbean. Ive not been before so I suppose the Skyliner cant completely ruin it for me as I never saw it before. Also its my excuse to go back again as I really want to try CSR!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not the YC sneaky Universal trip
Unread 25 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Mobile

Great set booking for the bubble! We've only ever flown with virgin once and that was ok our first trip to the magic! We've never been in the bubble either. I hope you do get off ahead of all the hoards.

I'm glad you're not giving up on CBR OB1...

I've been worrying about it, but of course if you are there next year there is an added benefit xxx
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come