Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Ever After Holidays

Old 14 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Feel Unique do a thing where each month you can buy 5 samples for the delivery charge of £3.95 (you get the £3.95 as a voucher if you then buy something). I love this for travel size items and I was able to get 3 sachets of the Clarins serum each time. Hoping to get enough for at least a few days of the holiday. I still need a couple of things but I love looking for them!
Ooo I might give this a try!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Old 14 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Was it a big price jump Lisa? What's the current status on your Universal plans? Surely if you decide against Universal you can justify a bit extra for CSR, that's what I'd tell myself anyway haha.
It was £195, I thought it was £130. I know itís not much in the grand scheme but it was enough to make me think it was silly to switch. Especially as weíd been so indecisive anyway. Itís not that we donít like CBR, I just wanted to try somewhere new.

Weíve got tickets for Universal now. We got the 5 days for the price of 2. We probably wonít go 5 days but 3 of them were free! If we hadnít bought those weíd have had the extra.

Weíll see how the money goes (as my Mum would say!). It may come down to CSR or a night at RPR.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Where are we staying in 2020?
Old 14 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I suppose as you'll be at CSR next year it's not such a big deal to miss out this year. It will be nice for you to see the changes at CBR.

I'd opt for a night at RPR over moving to CSR, the Express passes would be much appreciated.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
NE Road Trip & Disney
Old 14 May 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Iím having the same wobble but as weíve never done CBR yet, Iím going to stick to it mainly for the kids. CSR rooms do look great. I like Colletteís logic to justify CSR!
I canít wait to hear all about your hols and Galaxy Edge.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Old 14 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I suppose as you'll be at CSR next year it's not such a big deal to miss out this year. It will be nice for you to see the changes at CBR.

I'd opt for a night at RPR over moving to CSR, the Express passes would be much appreciated.
I think youíre right, weíve stayed at RPR the last few times weíve done Universal so the express passes will be missed if we donít stay there!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Iím having the same wobble but as weíve never done CBR yet, Iím going to stick to it mainly for the kids. CSR rooms do look great. I like Colletteís logic to justify CSR!
I canít wait to hear all about your hols and Galaxy Edge.
CBR will be great if you like the idea of the Skyliner. Unfortunately we donít so itís not a selling point for us. Itís the reason we changed to a preferred room as theyíre the other side of the resort. Itís a lovely resort though and we do love the theming.

Hopefully Iíll get round to actually writing a trip report once we come home!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well in true ďcanít leave well enough aloneĒ style Iíve gone and switched to CSR. I decided it wasnít too much more and we like the idea of somewhere we havenít stayed before. Plus the rooms just look so nice. I blame you Colette . Better get my countdown changed!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Old 21 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Oh you are naughty.

The rooms look really nice, especially the bathrooms. When we stayed there we had been allocated a refurbed room but I had request Casitas and asked to be moved, I definitely regretted it as once we walked around the other areas of the resort I realised I preferred them.

I'm really excited to hear what you make of the resort, I loved CBR last year but my feelings around the Skyliner are much the same as yours.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
NE Road Trip & Disney
Old 21 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Oh you are naughty.

The rooms look really nice, especially the bathrooms. When we stayed there we had been allocated a refurbed room but I had request Casitas and asked to be moved, I definitely regretted it as once we walked around the other areas of the resort I realised I preferred them.

I'm really excited to hear what you make of the resort, I loved CBR last year but my feelings around the Skyliner are much the same as yours.
I didnít realise youíd stayed at CSR before. Iíve liked the look of it for a while but always ended up elsewhere. I think the new showers look fab!

The Skyliner has really ruined CBR for me. Itís such a shame too as we really liked it last time we stayed there.

Iím feeling good about changing as itíll be nice to stay somewhere new. It may turn out to be our new favourite!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Old 25 May 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well today I was browsing the Virgin Atlantic site to see if there were upper deck seats available in PE for our return (thereís only 1) and I noticed row 79 was free for our outbound in economy. We chatted it over given itís £35 pp to book and as a row of 3 thereís the chance of a random in the window seat and since Marie will be sitting next to the random while Iím in the aisle seat we decided to go for it. Weíve never flown in the bubble before and wanted to try it. The only seats left up there now are all single seats, mostly window seats, so weíre keeping our fingers crossed that no one will end up in the window seat. Obviously thereís the chance of a single traveller so weíre not going to expect it. Now hoping for a quick exit and out to immigration before a 747 full of people! Hopefully itíll be worth the £35 each for that!

Dining Reports
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Old 25 May 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Hopefully that seat will be free, in all the times Nik and I have flown just the two of us we've only had a spare seat in the row once. We were so nervous waiting for the gate to close so we knew for sure it would be vacant!

I saw a video of CBR with the gondolas going overhead and I think you've made the right decision to move. I feel as though the tower and the new restaurant on the lake at CSR impact the feel of it but they are nothing compared to the Skyliner. The ambience at CBR is completely ruined and I can't foresee us staying there ever again, despite me loving the resort last year. It's very sad.
NE Road Trip & Disney