Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Apr 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

The Mad Hatters in Florida May/June 2018 - Day 17 – A day where we did nothing

Hello and welcome to my very first trip report

So we are the Hatfield’s: Adam (Me), Grace (Wife), Joshua (Oldest Son), Trayvon (Youngest Son), Mick (My Dad) and Sue (My Mum).

Link to Index: Index

Link to previous day: Previous Day

Sunday 3rd June: Day 17 – A day where we did nothing

Today’s plan was for us to go back to Volcano Bay. Hopefully this time with some better weather so that we could properly explore and enjoy it. Unfortunately the day didn’t start off the best. Trayvon had been waking up and whinging quite a lot through the night. We thought this may have been nightmares at the time.

Grace and I woke up first at 6:39am. Trayvon was up not long after at 6:50am. He said that he had a headache and he clearly wasn’t quite right. As we had had a poor sleep anyway, we decided to all try and get some more sleep and reassess our plans when we woke up.

We slept for a couple of hours more and woke up properly at 9am. Grace and Joshua grabbed some breakfast and brought it back up to the room for us while I stayed with Tray.

We all had some Sausage, toast and eggs, except grace who didn’t have eggs as they can give her stomach ache. We also had desert breakfast donuts This was washed down with the imitation POG juice.

Crazy hair was happy with his breakfast

Trayvon had a little bit of toast, but didn’t really want much.
After discussing our plans, seeing what we wanted to do and had already done, and with how Trayvon was feeling, we unfortunately took the decision to abandon our visit to Volcano Bay We were a little disappointed, but we hoped that we would be able to squeeze it in further down the line.

At 11am we headed out to Walgreens with Trayvon in the pushchair. We needed to grab some more Pepsi max and get some orange flavouring for water. We were hoping a little fresh air would help Tray too. We didn’t mess about and headed straight back to the hotel with our groceries.

It was now lunch time and we were all ready for some food, Trayvon had perked up a bit and was also feeling hungry. We decided that we would try and order a Friendly’s to go order online. I managed to grab us a 25% discount code for our first online order. Awesome.

Our order placed.

Not bad at all for the price at just under $30 after discount!
I went and collected the food which was ready and waiting for us.

Grace had a Bacon Cheeseburger (For bacon lovers only! Enjoy a juicy Friendly's Big Beef® burger topped with melted American cheese, applewood-smoked bacon, fresh lettuce, tomato and mayo on a grilled Brioche roll). Obviously this was ordered minus the salad and mayo. She also loaded up the waffle fries with it.

I went for the Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wrap. I also got myself one of their amazing milkshakes after stupidly not getting one last time we ate there. I chose chocolate and butter pecan.

Joshua had a Mac & Frank (Get your hands on a famous Friendly's Frank® with yummy, cheesy mac and cheese). He got this with a vanilla milkshake. The kids meals also came with desert. He did a create your own sundae with cotton candy ice cream, hot fudge, marshmallow and gummy bears.

Joshua enjoying his Friendly’s.

Trayvon picked Friendly’s Chicken Pops. He got this with a strawberry milkshake and a sundae too. His was cookies n crème ice cream with cookie dough and vanilla pound cake cubes. These were put in the fridge for later on.

We also somehow ended up with 2 extra milkshakes, 1 strawberry and 1 vanilla. I suspect this was because they made the boys in a larger size initially, rather than a kids size. Not complaining about that one. The food was as lovely as it usually is. Grace’s burger was really good and my milkshake was as yummy as I remembered it to be.

Unfortunately the food didn’t perk Trayvon up further and instead he went downhill again feeling tired and being very lethargic.

At 1:45pm, Mum and Dad had decided that they were going to head out for a little while and planned a little visit to the Pirate Cove mini golf. We asked Joshua if he wanted to go so that he wasn’t too bored just sitting in. Obviously he wanted to go, so he went with my parents while Grace and I stayed with Trayvon.

Joshua really enjoyed his round of mini golf with his grandparents. They took a few pictures for me.

Upon his return, he tucked into his ice cream sundae that was left over from lunch time.

He also brought back a pirate goodie bag for him and his brother.

I fancied getting out of the room for a little bit and having a walk somewhere. I called on my dad and we headed out to Walgreens to get some essential beer. We also needed some less essential water, so I grabbed that too

When I returned with the precious cargo, Joshua had started with having a little bit of tummy ache. My stomach felt a little questionable too, but that soon passed if you know what I mean haha

We decided that for tonight, we would stay in. We told my parents to head on out for the meal that we planned to have at Outback.
This meant that for our tea I either had to go out and pick us something up or get us a takeaway delivered.

We had been watching food shows most of the afternoon and a lot of the food was BBQ! This had tickled both mine and Graces taste buds. We were craving some good smoked brisket.

We started to have a look at a few takeaway options. We certainly didn’t fancy this

I had an email through recently about Uber eats, which is basically restaurants that allow Uber drivers to pick up your food and bring it to your door. After a little more looking into it, I decided to download the app and see whether any well reviewed BBQ places were on there.

We narrowed our search down and then found a place called Sonny’s BBQ. We were sold on it and placed our order.

As you can see, we ordered Sweet and Smoky ribs, Beef brisket, BBQ beans, Crinkle cut fries and coleslaw. Nice and simple.

The food arrived at 6:20pm and I was keeping track of it on the app so that I could be at the front of the hotel before it even arrived. I was eager for my BBQ

The goodies:

My plate of joy.

Showing off the smoke ring on the ribs.

Joshua getting stuck in to the ribs.

This did not disappoint! It was delicious and we ate every last bit of it. Yummy! It well and truly hit the spot and is making me want to eat it now as I’m typing this.

Meanwhile, Mum and Dad were at the Outback just next to the Orlando eye complex. I requested that my dad take pictures which he did. Good lad!

To drink my dad had a beer (think it was Fosters, yuck!) and my mum a diet coke.

For appetisers they got:

Crispy shrimp

Buffalo Wings

They shared these and said that they were lovely. Then for entrée they each got a Sirloin steak. My dad had his with fries and my mum had hers with a loaded baked potato.

We asked how they enjoyed their meal when they came back and were shocked to hear that they thought it was better than Longhorns, it was that good. This meant that we had to go ourselves on this holiday and compare as I couldn’t believe it would be better

After a long day of doing pretty much nothing, we headed to bed and watched Jurassic World. We really hoped that Trayvon would have a good night’s sleep and be much better for tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

We were asleep at 10:21pm.

Total steps for today is an extremely low: 8,327.

Thanks for reading
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shame your little boy wasn't feeling great. A chilled day sounds just the thing. I love Friendly's but never had it to go.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The rivalry of the steak houses begins! Better than Longhorns? I can't wait to hear your verdict.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame your little boy wasn't feeling great. A chilled day sounds just the thing. I love Friendly's but never had it to go.
Yeah it was a shame for him, one of those things though.

The Friendly’s to go was really good I have to admit. Definitely a future option.

Thanks for reading
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The rivalry of the steak houses begins! Better than Longhorns? I can't wait to hear your verdict.
I’ll be making my vote on day 20 haha stay tuned.

Thanks for reading.
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh no poor Trayvon!

Looks like Joshua had fun at Pirate Cove too, in fact I'm glad you posted that as that's where Chris is wanting to take the kids so looks like it's a hit!

The food looks amazing as always. Is it wrong that the thing I'm most looking forward to at Outback is loaded backed potato

I hope you manage to get to Outback further in the holiday! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh no poor Trayvon!

Looks like Joshua had fun at Pirate Cove too, in fact I'm glad you posted that as that's where Chris is wanting to take the kids so looks like it's a hit!

The food looks amazing as always. Is it wrong that the thing I'm most looking forward to at Outback is loaded backed potato

I hope you manage to get to Outback further in the holiday! Xx
I know, he really wasn’t well bless him.

Pirate cove is good fun. Joshua really enjoyed himself. I’m sure you’ll have fun there.

Loaded potatoes are the best so I know exactly where you are coming from on that one haha.

I won’t spoil it totally. But we do make it there 😀

Thanks again for reading.
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

You’ve gotta love a mobile food order app

It all looks very moreish

Shame Trayvon didn’t feel very well today, I hope he made a speedy recovery.

Nice for Joshua to have some nanny & grandad time too
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
You’ve gotta love a mobile food order app

It all looks very moreish

Shame Trayvon didn’t feel very well today, I hope he made a speedy recovery.

Nice for Joshua to have some nanny & grandad time too
Good ordering apps make life so much easier. I remember when you used to have to speak to people haha.

Yeah he really wasn’t himself bless him. Wish it was only a one day thing but it hung around unfortunately.

Joshua loved his nana and grandad time. He really had fun.

Thanks for reading 😀
Old 22 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Hope Trayvon is feeling better tomorrow. Off to find out! All the food pics are making me hungry!

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List