Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 May 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile Magic band charges

Could some one explain how the new room charging facility works? It all seems to be geared to us guests and credit cards. In the past we have paid on cash or with a debit card. We do not have or want a credit card.
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Don't worry, room charging isn't mandatory.

When you check in you'll be asked if you would like to add a card to your room, it can be a credit or debit card. If do so they'll ask you to set up a pin which will be linked to your band.

If you have chosen to activate charging you can charge all of your purchases or tips to your room if you wish. If you're staying at a value the room balance will be charged to your card at $500, $1000 at moderate and $1,500 at Deluxe.

You can visit the front desk at anytime and clear the outstanding balance with cash, a different card or traveller's cheques if you wish.

I believe since my last visit Disney have started placing a hold on card funds beginning at $100 and increasing in line with your spending, but hopefully someone who has travelled since this policy was introduced this year can verify.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're going to be doing tips to the pre paid card we've got of TUI but alcohol and purchases we want to add to the room. Last time on site was 2016 and then you just paid at the end of the stay. So we will have to clear it every few days in cash then or just when it gets to $500
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It will automatically charge your card when it hits $500 (if you're at a Value) so you will have to go to the desk to clear before that if you'd like to play cash. It is much easier to keep track of your spending now as you can see your room charges in MDE. I used to have to keep all my receipts and have a running total in a notebook!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're in all star music. So would be the $500. We have a week off site at the start then 2 weeks on site so plan to just charge to the card or pay off in cash xx
Old 22 May 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

We didn't use it at all during our last trip as I didn't find it any easier than just getting my card out.
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Don't worry, room charging isn't mandatory.

When you check in you'll be asked if you would like to add a card to your room, it can be a credit or debit card. If do so they'll ask you to set up a pin which will be linked to your band.

If you have chosen to activate charging you can charge all of your purchases or tips to your room if you wish. If you're staying at a value the room balance will be charged to your card at $500, $1000 at moderate and $1,500 at Deluxe.

You can visit the front desk at anytime and clear the outstanding balance with cash, a different card or traveller's cheques if you wish.

I believe since my last visit Disney have started placing a hold on card funds beginning at $100 and increasing in line with your spending, but hopefully someone who has travelled since this policy was introduced this year can verify.
Thanks you made that really clear and cleared up a lot of questions i had regards this also.
Old 22 May 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes thank you very much.

I don't normally take my card out. And we don't really plan to go off-site obviously then I will use that or the money I have changed over. Just think it's easier in water parks and stuff. Love going to a park with no bag and going through the bagless que
Old 22 May 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok haven't used it yet but the changes from last year (from Collybird's stay):
A hold of $100 will be placed automatically on your card, once you have spent $100 a further hold will be placed, in basic terms your Hold will always be $100 in front of your Balance, on the 5th day your balance will be taken. So problems that are arising so far, the Holds are taking 7 -10 days to go back onto International cards, this wouldn't be so bad if when taking the balance they also use the Holds ($100) but they aren't so you could have in theory $400-$500 in Hold's just on the first 5 days, then the same again until the first lot go back onto your card. Think that unless they sort this we will revert back to that ancient practice of using cash!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Is this a recent change? As this did not happen when we were there in November?
We stayed at All Star Music, and the final bill was charged to my card at Midnight on Check out day. The final bill came to just shy of $700?