Old 16 Feb 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Packing update

So, I've decided to put unexploded bombs to one side and try not to worry about about all that.

Figment Battle Round 2 commenced and was well and truly won by Kate.

I'm not sure he will fit.

Kate demonstrating that of course he will.

Then Minnie made an appearance

Of course he fits, she knew he would all along. She said that she will carry him on the way home if the case is full up with souvenirs!

So, not unexpected that I was going to lose that battle, in all honesty I didn't really put up a fight as what does it matter that she wants to take him with us. We've got the space and so it's more amusing to me than a problem.

And in my stress out earlier I forgot about this.

It's a lovely feeling when the countdown gets down to 1 day.

Thanks so much to all of you for listening to my worries and making me feel better about everything.

I'm wondering if I will get much sleep tonight, but then I'm not normally a good sleeper before a trip so I suspect I already know the answer to that question too!

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Packing update

So, I've decided to put unexploded bombs to one side and try not to worry about about all that.

Figment Battle Round 2 commenced and was well and truly won by Kate.

I'm not sure he will fit.

Kate demonstrating that of course he will.

Then Minnie made an appearance

Of course he fits, she knew he would all along. She said that she will carry him on the way home if the case is full up with souvenirs!

So, not unexpected that I was going to lose that battle, in all honesty I didn't really put up a fight as what does it matter that she wants to take him with us. We've got the space and so it's more amusing to me than a problem.

And in my stress out earlier I forgot about this.

It's a lovely feeling when the countdown gets down to 1 day.

Thanks so much to all of you for listening to my worries and making me feel better about everything.

I'm wondering if I will get much sleep tonight, but then I'm not normally a good sleeper before a trip so I suspect I already know the answer to that question too!

Xx
I never doubted that Figment would be going 😂 I can never sleep the night before a trip either, it’s so exciting, have fun Abby and Kate (and Figment 😂 )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh no. That’s one of my favourites.

Loads of other great stuff to do though.
So I was looking on the DLP app at the wait times ... as you do (actually hopefully you all do that or I'm going to look like a right weirdo). Anyway, Buzz had a wait time so it seems that the refurb is done. I will of course report back whether we agree that the DLP Buzz is better!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Have a wonderful time Abby and Kate! Hoping for lots of blue skies and short queues for you.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I never doubted that Figment would be going 😂 I can never sleep the night before a trip either, it’s so exciting, have fun Abby and Kate (and Figment 😂 )
I know there was never really any doubt.

I'm in a bit of a flitty around sort of mood and can't seem to concentrate on stuff at the moment. It's good to know I'm not the only 1 who is a bit excited and a bit on edge and can't sleep just before a trip.

I'm an eternal optimist though so you never know...if its rubbish tonight then I will sleep better tomorrow night and that's going to be weird as I'm not that good at sleeping in hotels the first night and this is our first trip where I am the sole adult in charge. That's another thing I'm trying not to worry about as I think I'll be alert for every sound.

I'm sure Kate will sleep fine given that she has got Figment to cuddle up to!

Old 16 Feb 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Have a wonderful time Abby and Kate! Hoping for lots of blue skies and short queues for you.
So, I was going to make some flap Jack's today as I was thinking of you. I bet you can't believe it was a year ago.

A question for you. Gill H said I should maybe try the Inventions meal for characters if funds allow...well you did it so is it a good idea do you think? We have the vouchers that will cover some of the cost. I suppose it's difficult for you to answer as I don't think you went to any if the cheapo buffet meals. I know it's not all about the food...but if it were a choice between Chez Remy and Inventions what would you choose?

EDITED TO ADD:

I did not do any baking! I bought some cereal bars, pringle's, biscuits and chocolate! Plus 4 cans of G&T!

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
So, I was going to make some flap Jack's today as I was thinking of you. I bet you can't believe it was a year ago.

A question for you. Gill H said I should maybe try the Inventions meal for characters if funds allow...well you did it so is it a good idea do you think? We have the vouchers that will cover some of the cost. I suppose it's difficult for you to answer as I don't think you went to any if the cheapo buffet meals. I know it's not all about the food...but if it were a choice between Chez Remy and Inventions what would you choose?
Yay, flapjacks are great for scoffing on the run to rope drop! I’ve been rereading my trippie and looking at all my photos, can’t believe it’s been a year already.

We had a great time and brilliant interaction at Inventions so I would choose that. You get to meet characters in the warm, very important in February! I think the food was actually better at Inventions too, even though it’s a buffet. Chez Remy was a leisurely meal with friends for us, I don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much on our own.

EDITED TO REFLECT YOUR EDIT:
Gin is much better than homemade flapjacks

Edited at 06:37 PM.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay, flapjacks are great for scoffing on the run to rope drop! I’ve been rereading my trippie and looking at all my photos, can’t believe it’s been a year already.

We had a great time and brilliant interaction at Inventions so I would choose that. You get to meet characters in the warm, very important in February! I think the food was actually better at Inventions too, even though it’s a buffet. Chez Remy was a leisurely meal with friends for us, I don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much on our own.

EDITED TO REFLECT YOUR EDIT:
Gin is much better than homemade flapjacks
Ha ha! Thanks for the speedy reply. I can't be bothered to phone up now. I guess I was kind of thinking that too. My plan is when we check in to ask them if there are any slots for a table for 2 over the 4 days we are there...if it's meant to be then there will be a slot.

That all sounds way more laid back than we all know I am but I just can't be doing with faffing about right now.

Obviously, replying to posts and messing about on the dibb is not in any way faffing about!

Old 16 Feb 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ooh, now you've posed a question. Remy or Inventions?

Inventions is a great way to meet characters if that is important to you, without all the hanging around in the cold. And the food is good - certainly a cut above the standard buffets.

However, the theming in Bistrot Chez Remy is utterly breathtaking. There is very little choice of food - it's based on a popular French chain that literally only serves one thing, steak frites, and has people queueing round the block! Remy has a bit more choice than that though! But check the menu and see if it suits you. We have done it twice and it was the best steak I've had at DLP, very good.

Also, I prefer a relaxing, leisurely meal with table service, rather than a buffet where you're up and down from the table all the time. They are both fine, but last time we found that after several buffets, we craved a table service meal.

And bear in mind that the French don't rush good food. Service can be very leisurely at table service restaurants. But to be honest you would want to take your time in Inventions too, to make sure you saw plenty of characters.

Choices, choices!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Ooh, now you've posed a question. Remy or Inventions?

Inventions is a great way to meet characters if that is important to you, without all the hanging around in the cold. And the food is good - certainly a cut above the standard buffets.

However, the theming in Bistrot Chez Remy is utterly breathtaking. There is very little choice of food - it's based on a popular French chain that literally only serves one thing, steak frites, and has people queueing round the block! Remy has a bit more choice than that though! But check the menu and see if it suits you. We have done it twice and it was the best steak I've had at DLP, very good.

Also, I prefer a relaxing, leisurely meal with table service, rather than a buffet where you're up and down from the table all the time. They are both fine, but last time we found that after several buffets, we craved a table service meal.

And bear in mind that the French don't rush good food. Service can be very leisurely at table service restaurants. But to be honest you would want to take your time in Inventions too, to make sure you saw plenty of characters.

Choices, choices!
You've given me something to think about again! As it's just the two of us we would probably end up going to the buffet in turns and so then the meal is not as pleasant as you're eating along while the other person is off at the buffet.

Hmm, we enjoy steak and chips so a great steak would be lovely and the more leisurely meal would be good, I'd rather not be rushed through the meal and having a rest from the parks will probably be needed.

But then there's the characters. So I'm back to flip flopping between the two.

Decisions, decisions.