Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 30 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile West coast stay, help please...

We fly in and out of Miami and plan on doing east coast on the way up to Orlando and the west coast on the way back.
We have been to Clearwater and love the atmosphere but would like to be further down, maybe Naples? Sarasota? Siesta key?
Has anyone stayed at any of these places or nearby? Preferences? 🤷
Any advice would be much appreciated x
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Hi Leec

stayed in Naples, to be honest was ok, but would have preferred to have stayed in Marco Island, which is close to it, visited there and loved it, and then would have gone to Naples to have a look around etc.

for me on the west coast, loved Fort Myers Beach, deffo as the surf lifestyle, stayed in an apartment, called lovers Key resort, was really good.

rgds
Dave
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Hi!

I asked a similar question and have made a list of the recommendations I received and a few others that I thought looked nice!

Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel - St Petes beach
Bellasera Naples
Naples Grande Beach Resort
Naples Bay Resort & Marina
The Inn on Fifth - Naples
La Playa Beach & Golf Resort

Hope this helps and please keep me updated if you find anything else
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
Hi!

I asked a similar question and have made a list of the recommendations I received and a few others that I thought looked nice!

Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel - St Petes beach
Bellasera Naples
Naples Grande Beach Resort
Naples Bay Resort & Marina
The Inn on Fifth - Naples
La Playa Beach & Golf Resort

Hope this helps and please keep me updated if you find anything else
Thank you, we’ve stayed at grand plaza st Petes but preferred Clearwater. Hotel was a little dated too.
I’ve also got la playa and grande beach resort Naples both on my list 😂 will let you know what we go with...
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Lad View Post
Hi Leec

stayed in Naples, to be honest was ok, but would have preferred to have stayed in Marco Island, which is close to it, visited there and loved it, and then would have gone to Naples to have a look around etc.

for me on the west coast, loved Fort Myers Beach, deffo as the surf lifestyle, stayed in an apartment, called lovers Key resort, was really good.

rgds
Dave
Why Marco island Dave? Is there much there? We basically want a couple of cafes and few shops, the kids enjoy Clearwater for the evening street entertainers but we’re want further down this time 👍 thank you for your advice. Becky
Old 30 Apr 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Leec

there was a couple of restaurants and shops there, seems to be just an area for people living there, and a great beach, miles long, but everywhere is mainly high rise apartments, but all looked good, no untidiness, all clean etc, was only 30 minutes away, which was easy to get to from Naples, depends on what you want, Naples when we visited was full of serious money, and restaurants etc that cater for that, just didnt feel right, where as Marco Island was a chill out place.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in Naples for 4 nights last summer and enjoyed it so much we are heading back for 12 nights.

When are you going? Look at the Hertz arena to see if there is anything on. We are going back there to see PBR. Food wise, there are lots of choice for eating out, cheap to fine dining. Two of our best meals of the holiday were in Naples from the more expensive seafood restaurant on 5th Avenue to Brookes Burgers which was as cheap as chips and so tasty. Apparently was or still is in top 5 burger joints in USA! Also drove to Everglade City, ate deep fried gator and prawns overlooking the bay, took an airboat ride, then drove 5 miles further south to HP Williams Wayside to view gators in the wild. There's corkscrew swamp, zoo, shopping outlets and lots of lovely independent shops.

Not been to Marco Island but do plan to visit as we are staying in a villa in Lely Resort - between Naples and Marco Island.

Don't discount staying in Naples, several hotels also run free shuttles within several miles of the hotel.

And if you have time, have a look at Pussycat dolls trip reports. She usually visits Naples on her trips and has several reports on here.

Love Naples, can't wait to go back.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
We stayed in Naples for 4 nights last summer and enjoyed it so much we are heading back for 12 nights.

When are you going? Look at the Hertz arena to see if there is anything on. We are going back there to see PBR. Food wise, there are lots of choice for eating out, cheap to fine dining. Two of our best meals of the holiday were in Naples from the more expensive seafood restaurant on 5th Avenue to Brookes Burgers which was as cheap as chips and so tasty. Apparently was or still is in top 5 burger joints in USA! Also drove to Everglade City, ate deep fried gator and prawns overlooking the bay, took an airboat ride, then drove 5 miles further south to HP Williams Wayside to view gators in the wild. There's corkscrew swamp, zoo, shopping outlets and lots of lovely independent shops.

Not been to Marco Island but do plan to visit as we are staying in a villa in Lely Resort - between Naples and Marco Island.

Don't discount staying in Naples, several hotels also run free shuttles within several miles of the hotel.

And if you have time, have a look at Pussycat dolls trip reports. She usually visits Naples on her trips and has several reports on here.

Love Naples, can't wait to go back.
Excellent thank you!
Old 10 May 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed in Cape Coral a couple of years ago, well located for the Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva and Naples as well as places like Lovers key state park. Its not an overly touristy area which makes a nice change from Orlando
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We stay in Bradenton maybe 30 minutes from Holmes, Bradenton beaches and the Lovely Anne Maria Island, the advantages is you have shops restaurants bowling, gun ranges, Busch gardens and Sarasota with all the features of a big city close by.
The Negatives is Im not sure about the hotels in the area, we stay in villas and you are about 30 minutes from the beach
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List