Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Yeah surprised me too. Ruined our plan too as we were going to revisit before the outlets that end but when we found out it was shut we ended up going to the other outlets which I didnt love as much lol x
I think we did the North outlets, worked out well though as it was a midweek evening Michael Kors was 60% of and they handed you a voucher for a further 20% when you walked in! I felt like I was robbing them ha ha x
Old 6 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I think we did the North outlets, worked out well though as it was a midweek evening Michael Kors was 60% of and they handed you a voucher for a further 20% when you walked in! I felt like I was robbing them ha ha x
Haha! We did that too. Both of us girls bought a bag and a purse from there as couldn't afford not to! I much prefer the outlets strat end. Outside for a start and just felt a nicer lay out. I meant to go to that one but I think I ordered the uber wrong as lose my north and south too easy lol x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I can also vote for Wicked Spoon for brunch.

We had a surprisingly nice evening buffet at Planet a Hollywood after my friends wedding too. I say surprise purely as it was so cheap!
Old 6 May 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DS2 and our DIL inked Gordon Ramsey's for there wedding meal in November to be honest we though way over priced but it was their choice we were paying when Karen and Alan walked in Kaz inher wedding dress DS2 and the rest of the guys in kilts the whole restaurant stood up and clapped shook there hands and the staff were amazing we didn't pay for dessert or the champagne and the meAl was amazing
We also had a lovely lunch in the sports bar in the shopping centre
And great itAlian when we did the mob tour
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I hope you had a great time Karen

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We just got back a few hours ago!

We ate at:

Gordon Ramsey’s BURGER at PH. Genuinely the best burger I’ve ever had and quite affordable for the Strip (one shared app, two burgers, two cocktails was about 90)

HHAGG at the Linq, massive breakfast for two 38)

Mon Ami Gabi - my favourite only in Vegas restaurant - two apps, two entrees, wine, cocktails, 130)

Pub at Tuscany Suites, Philly cheesesteak sandwich, fries and onion rings plus four beers 45)

Yard House at Linq - two beers and two appetisers - which were massive and we couldn’t finish - in happy hour 30)

California pizza kitchen - we happened to be there and needed to eat but had surprisingly good food and amazing service - four cocktails, one shared app, one shared entree 65

A really really cool place in the Arts district I forget the name of but was a cafe / Latin influence with amazing food and well priced, shout if you’re interested and I’ll look up the name

Pizza rock in Freemont, four beers, pizza, meatballs 40 in happy hour

Place in miracle mile where everything is 4.99 so we had a really nice lunch (Mahi mahi tacos, salmon in lemon cream sauce, two beers for 16)

Earl of sandwich, 20 for two sandwiches and a soft drink

The broken egg, at Town Square, loved it here, it’s just opened from San Diego, massive breakfast about 35 including drinks (possibly a mimosa in there too )

I’m sure there were more but that’s a start!

All prices are in dollars, before tip.

We didn’t go this time but I’d also recommend Peppermill - Vegas icon, and Wicked Spoon is my favourite buffet bar none. Best Italians I’ve had are Battistas hole in the wall and Carmines. Never had a bad meal at the Grand Lux cafe.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
That particular end of the strip is pretty run down

We actually ate breakfast there twice, but there were people outside (both solo and in groups) that were harassing people going in for money, coming right up to the windows banging etc. I don’t know if they were homeless or not, but they were all under the influence of various substances - on the second visit we saw 1 particular lady administer herself with “medication”

The Police come by and move them on, but different ones who’d come back.

We used an UBER both ways, I wouldn’t have walked it and this was daylight. I didn’t really want to go back a second time, but my friend was really keen and I didn’t want to disappoint her.

I definitely wouldn’t have taken a kid there.

The one at the other end, however, is pretty much in the middle of nothing, so I would presume it’s safer feeling to eat there if that makes sense?
There were very few homeless etc down that end in March actually very few anywhere in Vegas this time

I’ve eaten in that ihop with my kids several times though it’s closed down now , we have a hire car so drive everywhere but it’s been fine we just ignore anyone that’s outside .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We eat off strip a lot
Egg works is a favourite breakfast
Red rock & green valley buffets
In N out burger
Cheesecake Factory
Margaritaville
Hooters
Twin peaks
Virgil’s BBQ was a lovely meal this year
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Someone mentioned the Tuscany suites which we found good value too and we loved the Red Rock Buffet. I like the Orleans for good food at decent prices whether it's the steak place, the food court or the buffet ... still not got around to trying their oyster bar though .

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We eat off strip a lot
Egg works is a favourite breakfast
Red rock & green valley buffets
In N out burger
Cheesecake Factory
Margaritaville
Hooters
Twin peaks
Virgil’s BBQ was a lovely meal this year
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

House of Blues in Mandalay Bay was good.

There's a Bahama Breeze just off the strip as well. Even has a covered outdoors bit, like the one in Lake Buena Vista.
Old 8 May 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

My plans for dinners in July are

California Pizza Kitchen
Bahama Breeze
Red Lobster
Nacho Daddy
Possibly Dicks Last Resort.

And we were going to do Bubba Gumps and Hooters but i'm not so sure anymore
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List