Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Happy Birthday To...Me! April/May 2019 - Day 3: Epcot & 'Ohana

Happy Birthday To...Me! - Day 3
29th April 2019 - Epcot & 'Ohana

So where did we leave it last time? Ah, yes. The night of doom. I remember it well

As I hadn't really been able to get any sleep, I went to reception at 06:00 to explain the situation and see what could be done. To be fair, the CM was very apologetic and had a look on the system - she confirmed my neighbours were, in fact, part of the Cheerleading group (and apparently they got these complaints often as the participants tend to visit each other in their rooms which leads to lot's of excitement, noise etc) and were due to be at CSR all week and would only check out the day before me. She said she would be happy to move me and asked what my plans were for the day. I said I'd be out all day and only back in the evening so she told me to pack up my things and leave them in the room, and they would handle moving my things to the new room and would e-mail me to let me know my new room number. She also said my magic band would open my new room so there was nothing I needed to do except just head to the new room when I was back later.

I was satisfied with how this was handled, and went back to my room to start packing everything up. On the way back I got copious amounts of coffee

I was due to meet everyone at 08:00 so we could head to Epcot for opening so also got ready for the busy day ahead.

Today's outfit

While we were on the bus to Epcot, I filled everyone in on my eventful night/morning. Bernie & Tig also said there were some noisy cheerleaders by them but they managed to drown them out using ear plugs. Luckily Lauren didn't experience any noise.

There was quite a big queue when we got there but as soon as Epcot opened the crowd dispersed in different directions, and actually crowd levels were relatively low throughout the day.

Waiting to get in

The first point of call as always was Spaceship Earth We heart Dame Judi

We were talking about the upcoming refurb. Does anyone know when that is actually happening? They better not replace Dame Judi!

Everyone was starting to feel a bit peckish so we headed over to Starbucks for some quick sustenance.

I know I say this EVERY trip but those sausage and egg muffins from Starbucks are delicious! I'm so sad you can't get them over here. Just the right size to fill your hunger but not make you full!

You may remember during my solo TR I mentioned I tend to use different "Starbucks names" as Soraia doesn't exactly slip off the tongue (hence why you see "Ginger" in the pics ) but you'd think a name like "Bernie" would be simple enough, right?

Bernie, or as we now like to call him - Bonnie

After that we wandered around a bit, did some rides and admired the AMAZING topiaries. I absolutely love Epcot during Flower & Garden festival!

Love it!

We had a FP for Soarin next - another one of my faves! We got row 3 though so all the dangly feet, but I just love that ride

As we were on our way out we saw Living with the Land only had a 10 minute wait so we decided to join the queue. Well... methinks something was wrong with the time estimates as it ended up taking us 45 MINUTES! FOR.LIVING.WITH.THE.LAND.

Ironically, everytime we walked past it any other time in the holiday it was always a walk-on and we gave it the evils!

We were all starving after all of that so decided to do a little tour around the world and see what the F&G booths were offering. Here's a few that we tried (that we remembered to take pictures of anyway!)

Crispy citrus chicken from "Citrus Blossom" booth - very tasty!

Chicken Karaage with Nanban sauce from Hanami in Japan - yummy!

Beef brisket burnt ends and smoked pork belly slider from The Smokehouse booth - bit disappointing sadly!

We were joined by a cheeky duck over here

We spent a bit more time wandering around the World Showcase and soaking up the atmosphere - we all love Epcot! It was a beautiful day!

Love my Epcot ears from Etsy

We had an 18:45 ADR at 'Ohana so decided to slowly make our way over as we wanted to have a look around the Polynesian. We headed over to the monorail and then changed over at the TTC for the resort loop.

I like the vybe at the Polynesian - it feels very relaxed in there!

We had about half an hour until our ADR time so all had a bit of a rest in the lovely lobby sofas and enjoyed the AC while checking social media, news etc

'Ohana was going to be a first for Bernie, Tig and Lauren and I wasn't sure how they were going to feel about it. Everyone enjoyed it - you certainly get a lot of food that's for sure!

I know I took pictures of all the chicken, beef and shrimps too but they seem to have vanished into a black hole (much like the actual chicken, beef & shrimp that we all devoured )

My particular favourites were the noodles and the beef which was cooked just how I like it. The banana bread pudding was also delicious!

We had initially planned to try to make it over to MK to catch Happily Ever After at 21:00 but we were all completely knackered - we'd been up super early for rope drop at Epcot (and in my case - up all night ) so made the executive decision to head back to CSR. I still haven't managed to watch HEA - but at least it always gives me something new to try next time

We got the monorail to MK and then got on a CSR bus there. It's here that you'll find today's installment of "inappropriate places Tig falls asleep in"

I hadn't actually received an e-mail to let me know what my new room number was but I decided to try my luck and check MDE to see if it was there (I had been checking intermittently throughout the day and it kept saying "to be assigned") and there was a new room number on there - 3274! It was still in Casitas 3 so I decided to try my luck and use my Magic Band to open the door (even though I didn't get an e-mail) and it worked! Phew!

This room was MUCH better! For starters there was no connecting door (woo!) and then it was at the end of a corridor so only had a neighbour on one side - and I didn't hear a peep from them at all. I was so pleased!

My luggage had been delivered as well so I quickly unpacked everything again and (literally) collapsed into bed. I fell asleep straight away and had a full uninterrupted night's sleep.

That's the dream!

Tomorrow is a shopping day so we're off to Mall at Millennia and the International Drive Premium Outlets.

Thanks for reading

Day 4 is HERE.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab day, the Epcot topiaries were so lovely weren't they.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Fab day. Had a giggle with Starbucks names. I’m glad you managed to get your room changed too.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Glad you got a new room. Love your ears👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Fab day, the Epcot topiaries were so lovely weren't they.
Yes they really are - I love Epcot during F&G!

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Fab day. Had a giggle with Starbucks names. I’m glad you managed to get your room changed too.
Haha Bernie will forever be known as Bonnie now

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Glad you got a new room. Love your ears👍
Thanks so much - I got them from Etsy and I love them!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day glad you got a much better room

Joan