Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Thomas cook ? What next ?

Looking for advice - have booked flights for next August with Tc airlines using credit card, what will happen to our flights if they sell the airline ? Or what if no one wants it ? Also have no insurance yet as can’t get it as needs to be within a year. Thanks

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Big thread right below this on about it...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

As above.. plus no one on a forum actually knows what will happen once or if they get bought out.

So for now your flight is all good imo.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 05:04 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

They have posted a loss. They have not gone bust. Many airlines and travel companies post a loss, often several losses. Whilst I would be a tad wary of placing an order with them right now, I wouldn’t panic just yet if I had. The loss sounds huge at 1.4 billion, but let us not forget that 1.1 billion of that is write down of assets.

I have similar issues with my long hauls in July/August that are bought by credit card and with Norwegian.. who are also in difficulty. I will just have to wait and see.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Worse case scenario is they go under without a buyer and you lose your flights or holiday.

On a monetary basis you can rely on cc protection or indeed regulator protection.

On a practical basis you will need to rebook a flight or arrange another holiday.

Some time ago when i suggested this could and i stress could happen, most tc dibbers seemed to be unconcerned with the practicalities and more concerned with the monetary side.

Happy rebooking if it comes to that.

Disney332
Old 16 May 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shell52
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
Looking for advice - have booked flights for next August with Tc airlines using credit card, what will happen to our flights if they sell the airline ? Or what if no one wants it ? Also have no insurance yet as can’t get it as needs to be within a year. Thanks
No insurance yet? I've booked for July 2020 and I've got my insurance in place. Admittedly, some companies won't let you book more than 12 months ahead but there are plenty that will. You're taking a big chance not taking out your insurance as soon as you book your holiday.
Shell52 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shell52 View Post
No insurance yet? I've booked for July 2020 and I've got my insurance in place. Admittedly, some companies won't let you book more than 12 months ahead but there are plenty that will. You're taking a big chance not taking out your insurance as soon as you book your holiday.
Can you advise which travel insurance companies will begin cover over a year in advance ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shell52
Trainee Dibber

Can you advise which travel insurance companies will begin cover over a year in advance ? Thanks

I did ours through Holiday Extras although I guess if you use any comparison website, when you put your holiday dates in, it will filter out any that wouldn't offer more than a year in advance.
Old 16 May 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shell52 View Post
I did ours through Holiday Extras although I guess if you use any comparison website, when you put your holiday dates in, it will filter out any that wouldn't offer more than a year in advance.
Did it have end supplier failure and cover for natural disasters? Thanks
Old 16 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shell52
Trainee Dibber

Did it have end supplier failure and cover for natural disasters? Thanks
It's definitely got Scheduled Airline Failure - not sure about natural disasters