Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Feb 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Upgrade cost of ddp to deluxe ddp?

Hi

If we are lucky enough to score free dining in april and get the ddp, how much additional pp per day is it to upgrade to deluxe dining plan? We are travelling without kids so would like to do 2ts signature restaurants if possible.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Booking last year for this summer it was £30 per person per night. I don't know if it varies at all based on different bookings. Enjoy!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi think long and hard before you do this. It's a bit of food overkill. We have done ddp for last 3/4 visits 10 nights on site, okw. Breakfast mostly in room . 3 signature meals and 4 regular, other nights things like blaze pizza at Disney spring perhaps snack in park. We find to do a big sit down each night becomes a bit of overkill and look forward to a more relaxed evening without restrictions of 2 hours taken by meal. Just throwing a spanner to make you think, good luck deciding
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
It’s £30 pp per night so a big jump. I think you’d struggle to get your moneys worth.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Similar question does anyone know how much it is to upgrade from the free breakfast to QS DP? in 2018.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
Similar question does anyone know how much it is to upgrade from the free breakfast to QS DP? in 2018.
It’s £24 pp per night for an adult. The costs are in my stickie https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi think long and hard before you do this. It's a bit of food overkill. We have done ddp for last 3/4 visits 10 nights on site, okw. Breakfast mostly in room . 3 signature meals and 4 regular, other nights things like blaze pizza at Disney spring perhaps snack in park. We find to do a big sit down each night becomes a bit of overkill and look forward to a more relaxed evening without restrictions of 2 hours taken by meal. Just throwing a spanner to make you think, good luck deciding
I don’t see why it would be food overkill, it provides three meals a day (seems normal to me) and if they are TS rather than QS then it is likely to be smaller portions. It also offers more opportunity to do signatures.

I have wondered if we would do it as we like to have starters (not dessert) at dinner and we like fine dining and my plans usually include more TS than I have. But probably would not do it, because the cost is significant and if we fancy the odd starter or are a few TS short we would be better just paying OOP for some things.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think a lot of people think they will need three meals a day but the reality is in the heat and with so much to do all full meals (plus snack credits ) is a huge amount and not sustainable over two weeks.

There's also a lot of planning involved if every meal is table service and the time away from park time to fit in three of those each day.

I think it works for some who really want the Disney hotels as a resort to spend the majority of their time in and the parks are less important though but as you need to buy full passes to qualify for the dining plans anyway , financially I don't think deluxe stacks up that way either for most guests. Frankly if I was paying that much I'd want to be eating at some of the non dining plan places on and off site too (like Shula's).

I think it is probably more designed for the US shorter stay market and is offered in the U.K. more by default.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
This isn't a thread where someone is asking if they should upgrade or not
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
We found when booking for this year it was cheaper to book a deluxe than upgrade the dining plan - worth checking.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List