Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 May 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile Universal or seaworld with 18 month old

Hello, we are staying onsite at Disney and will have 14 day tickets for there.

We usually do universal too but will now have a 18 month old next year. Being 2 adults and 2 kids, we don’t know if it will be a waste of money as other child doesn’t like ‘scary’ rides 😂 so would have to ride alone and take it in turns.

Other option is to buy seaworld/aquatica and Busch garden tickets - that way the day has something other than rides?

Can a 18 month old go on anything in universal? I can’t even remember as my other little girl is 8.

Thanks 😊

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoC
Serious Dibber

Hi we have done both over the years with our 2 at that age and younger (8 months+) and I have lovely memories of our DS,s at 2 and 3 running round to the reride gate on cat in the hat (we read them Dr Seuss stories in advance so found it very exciting) but if the older one isn’t into bigger rides and with universal’s switch to Harry Potter (which we love but ours are now 12 and 14) I think I would go for sea world and Busch they are great parks with so much for the little ones to see plus nice climbing/play areas and they have just opened the new Sesame Street area. They are also calmer days than universal usually with less crowds which can be useful with little ones if they are tired.
Old 21 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Personally I think you’d get a lot more enjoyment from Sea World with your kids ages especially with the eldest not being into big rides.
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for sea world! I've always found it to be a calmer park, we first took my little girl there when she was 2 and she loved it. She loved looking at all the animals and the shows, at the time there was a nice place area aswell but I think that's gone now.
I'm a big universal fan but it's more of a "doing" park rather than a "seeing" if that makes sense. Although there's still plenty to do at sw.
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
clrat25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Definitely Seaworld over Universal with a little one, such a good play area for kids there, and my DD loved the animal shows when she was that age too. Busch Gardens has a great kids bit too
clrat25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We did Universal and SeaWorld with our DS 18months and DD 4 in October. I would say he definitely got more out of SeaWorld than Universal. He loved the aquariums, the predator tunnel and I remember him being transfixed by the dolphin show. Usually a lot less crowds than at Universal. We were there prior to the Sesame Street area opening so that will be another draw for the younger ones. We are going to leave Universal now until they are both old enough to do the bigger rides but will definitely be taking them back to SeaWorld and Disney.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List