Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Nov 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Quality street, this year went to John Lewis and did a fill your own tin, so just filled it with strawberry creams, orange creams and green triangles
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Quality street, this year went to John Lewis and did a fill your own tin, so just filled it with strawberry creams, orange creams and green triangles
Those would be my choices too! I wanted to get one with just strawberry and orange creams but I was told I wasn’t allowed just two 😂
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I’ve been contemplating doing that but have so far resisted. I don’t want to spoil the specialness of searching through the tin
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Quality Street = Celebrations
I rarely buy Heroes or Roses, though now I'm wondering if I should try a tub of Heroes!

(Side note, I don't live in the UK, and a 650g tub of Quality Street is the equivalent of more than £9 here... Celebrations were on offer recently for about £7.50. Chocolate here is expensive in general though...)

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
Those would be my choices too! I wanted to get one with just strawberry and orange creams but I was told I wasn’t allowed just two 😂
The two of you are my polar opposites! The tub of Quality Street I bought has mostly strawberry and orange creams left (as I don't like them as much as the rest)!
Old 23 Nov 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Does anyone remember the time when it was just Quality Street and Roses, before the Celebrations and Heroes upstarts arrived on the scene?

I'm not sure I have a preference, but I'm fighting @JoJo88 for the fruity soft centres in her number one selection.
Does anyone remember Lucky Numbers? They were round in the sixties, and from what I recall very nice…

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
OK, I'm going to say none of these, if I forced myself Celebrations. Can't be doing with the rock hard éclairs in Heroes. Roses and Quality Street are not what they used to be...

...so we prefer a chocolate orange segments tin and the Lindt Lindor chocolates. Yummy!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
1. Quality Street
2. Heroes
3. Celebrations
4. Roses
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Quality Street = Celebrations
I rarely buy Heroes or Roses, though now I'm wondering if I should try a tub of Heroes!

(Side note, I don't live in the UK, and a 650g tub of Quality Street is the equivalent of more than £9 here... Celebrations were on offer recently for about £7.50. Chocolate here is expensive in general though...)

The two of you are my polar opposites! The tub of Quality Street I bought has mostly strawberry and orange creams left (as I don't like them as much as the rest)!
Isn’t that funny… don’t be afraid of sending your leftover Christmas chocolate my way! 😂
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’m amazed there are so many takers for Quality Street and Roses! They’re all grainy and weird these days. Suppliers send them to us in abundance and we pop
them in the food bank.
I don’t think I’m imagining that they used to be nicer? I remember one christmas all being linked up to Gameboys, playing Tetris and polishing off large tubs without realising. 🐷

I’d definitely choose Celebrations or Heroes over those. I like the Maltester but they seem to have ditched the galaxy truffle.
We don’t buy any of them because there’s always masses of something leftover that nobody will eat.
I just buy random stuff and tip it all together in a big bowl. I eat way too much of it though…

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Galaxy truffle was a different league! The truffle eggs at Easter were the best.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List