Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
But people in Wales have to show covid pass to go to nightclubs, which includes a negative lateral flow uploaded to the NHS website. Indeed when attending the England match in Middlesbrough earlier this year, my son was also obliged to upload an NHS test.
So where is the distinction- the taxpayer pays for NHS supplied tests for someone in Wales to go in a nightclub, or line an overpaid rock star’s pockets at a concert, but going on holiday, suddenly that’s not right you can use an NHS test?
That’s a difficult one. Of course, the UK holiday and aviation industry supports thousands of jobs.
I guess the distintion is the government have recommended 2 x week lateral flow tests for everyone, so using one before an event, in theory, adds no additional cost, and also involves no costs from increased numbers of tests flowing through labs.
Travel is discretionary and PCR tests are only mandated for suspected cases/ symptoms, therefore I would suggest they are not at all similar.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Can I ask please can you take the test any time within the 2 days or could it be the day of arrival you do the test?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Can I ask please can you take the test any time within the 2 days or could it be the day of arrival you do the test?
Anytime, there are test centres in and around some airports if you want to do it as soon as you land.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
I guess the distintion is the government have recommended 2 x week lateral flow tests for everyone, so using one before an event, in theory, adds no additional cost, and also involves no costs from increased numbers of tests flowing through labs.
Travel is discretionary and PCR tests are only mandated for suspected cases/ symptoms, therefore I would suggest they are not at all similar.
Hardly anyone is using 2x lateral flows to check. I don’t know anyone who does that unless mandated by their employment. This will also be even less in the 18-25 year bracket going in clubs. Not only that, but the health pass accepts vaccines, it’s only if you don’t have vaccines that you need to do it. So I’m paying for people who don’t have the vaccine to take tests to get in nightclubs. I’m absolutely outraged.
Whereas hard working families, who have been jabbed and done what is asked (including probably buying tests which are now no use) are having to pay private companies hundreds and hundreds of pounds. Then when the rules change, they have to pay again. Also the tests done by these companies have in the past been sequenced in tiny numbers, and many never even got sent a result.
What would be better. Continue paying for vaccine refusers to get in social venues, or pay for the hard working family, wanting a hard earned break, done everything asked and taken for more and more money, whilst they are trying to use companies that support a multi billion industry which is on its knees? An easy, quick, process where people will get tested and get sequenced. Even if they are charged cost price (which is probably a few quid?)

Edited at 08:03 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Pupbelly whilst I agree those are still the rules! Additionally you are still only supposed to get a NHS PCR if you suspect or have the symptoms & it clearly states not for travel. Let's face it "they" don't want us to travel, won't say that but as usual "Do as I say not as I do"!
Omicron has been around for a bit they've only just named it but more than happy to have all those dignitaries & delegates here for Cop26!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hardly anyone is using 2x lateral flows to check. I don’t know anyone who does that unless mandated by their employment. This will also be even less in the 18-25 year bracket going in clubs. Not only that, but the health pass accepts vaccines, it’s only if you don’t have vaccines that you need to do it. So I’m paying for people who don’t have the vaccine to take tests to get in nightclubs. I’m absolutely outraged.
Whereas hard working families, who have been jabbed and done what is asked (including probably buying tests which are now no use) are having to pay private companies hundreds and hundreds of pounds. Then when the rules change, they have to pay again. Also the tests done by these companies have in the past been sequenced in tiny numbers, and many never even got sent a result.
What would be better. Continue paying for vaccine refusers to get in social venues, or pay for the hard working family, wanting a hard earned break, done everything asked and taken for more and more money, whilst they are trying to use companies that support a multi billion industry which is on its knees? An easy, quick, process where people will get tested and get sequenced. Even if they are charged cost price (which is probably a few quid?)
I'm not disagreeing with you, but a lateral flow and PCR test are not comparable cost wise to the government, and therefore, one can't say they allow lateral flow tests for X, why don't they allow NHS PCR tests for Y? Also, how would the NHS system stand up to PCR testing over Summer etc.

Finally, I'm due to fly out to Florida at the end of December and haven't purchased the return 2 day tests, there is no reason to until you are much closer to your return date, I'm not sure of the reason why so many have purchased themmonths before a holiday, there was always a chance for a change in testing requirements (either moving to PCR or removing the need), so I'm not sure you can blame the testing companies (althought simply testme have offered refunds to their customers and they were only £12.50!)
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Weve bought our 2 day return tests which will no longer be any good, rang travel agent today to find out what to do and they didnt have a clue if we will get a refund or a credit towards the pcr.
Add on the fiasco of trying to find what we need to travel and if we have everything in order, I'm not sure if the holiday is worth the hassle. I hope I feel differently on Tuesday when I get on the ship
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List