Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Nov 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you both…. May cancel my RPR booking now too.
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For anyone interested in HRH work on the outer buildings, pictures are taken from the walkway from Portofino this morning (30 Nov)
Edited to add: Front of building is fine. At the moment scaffolding is only on that particular side.
[APP]

Edited at 01:01 AM.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Has anyone any recent photos on the work being done at HRH?

Also as a further update (notified today):

Legendary rock stars are always evolving and so is Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort. In the second quarter of 2022, The Kitchen restaurant will undergo renovations for several weeks.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available in Velvet Bar, lower lobby or Avalon Ballroom.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to amp up the vibe for our guests.

This work will take place between 18th April – 11th July 2022

Edited at 05:19 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yeah ta, no major issues at all for us in and around the hotel during the refurb. Only minor one is you can’t exit to the parks via the pool gate.

Will do thanks !
Hi, we have not stayed here before...presumably there are other gates we could use to exit to the parks? (sorry if that's a silly question!)
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

We did 27th to 31st dec 2021,

This was our first garden view room.
Had to really dig my heels in to get a better room.
Work will effect all the rooms as they’re working their way around doing sections at a time. All floors effected in a certain section.
We did see builders and work going on while sat around the pool and sometime heard the petrol Stihl saw going, but the music was whacked up to a stupid level to drowned it out. Even the pool side servers were moaning about the music volume.
I like the hotel but would choose RPR first choice

Edited at 05:00 PM.
millienoahleo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
Hi, we have not stayed here before...presumably there are other gates we could use to exit to the parks? (sorry if that's a silly question!)
Yeah, the main exit to the rear of the hotel is down the corridor to the left of the quick serve place. It leads out into the garden and down to the boat dock. The pool exit was quicker if you had decided not to take the boat.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Has anyone any recent photos on the work being done at HRH?

Also as a further update (notified today):

Legendary rock stars are always evolving and so is Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort. In the second quarter of 2022, The Kitchen restaurant will undergo renovations for several weeks.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available in Velvet Bar, lower lobby or Avalon Ballroom.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to amp up the vibe for our guests.

This work will take place between 18th April – 11th July 2022
Damn. This is a killer for me. I love the Kitchen. I’ll be cancelling my reservation and moving to Royal Pacific.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Checking in next week- will update with any further updates…
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

We are just wrapping up our stay at HRH, our stay has been mixed but on balance I guess we would stay again. As they move around the building doing the painting it is going to create a bit of a lottery as to what experience you will have (it looks lovely where they have done by the way). When we got to our garden view room there was literally a scaffolding platform going past our room and workmen were walking past. One even stopped to rub some sort of mark off our window while we were in the room watching! There was also drilling and hammering noise at 6.45pm when they said they were supposed to be working 9-5.

We did ask for and were given a room change - expect reluctance to do this if they are fully booked as they were during our stay - but by the time this was arranged at 4pm of the second day, the scaffolding had gone and they had moved on so we stayed put and weren't really disturbed again. We did get a little gift from HRH to make up for it but they are intent on staying fully open while they do this and not shutting the sections they are painting.

Around the hotel and at the pool I would say it didn't bother us at all.

Inside the hotel can occasionally look a little tired too, I think they are due a bit of an internal refurb.

So you might be surprised that I am saying I would go back but it had a nice vibe and good attentive staff. Our son is v into his music so he was in the right hotel, and we really enjoyed the location as we knew we would, having done 1 night there in the past.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside

Edited at 03:04 PM.
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Suspect they will move onto room refurbs?