Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Truly a nightmare of a travel day, I felt anxious just reading about it so I have no idea how you must have felt living it. I truly hate travel day, so incredibly stressful.

Who knew Chick-Fil-A serve breakfast!? It actually looks really good, especially those hash browns.

Pizza at Giordanos looks incredible!

We didn’t try the brisket poutine last year as they weren’t eligible as a snack credit and I was being stingey but we are going to go for it this year! They look so good.

The pizza at NYPD looks even better than Giordanos, the crust looks just how I like it.

Very interesting reading your thoughts on off-site vs. DDP and I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. Both potential plans for the future sound amazing.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

What an awful travel day, we did that early flight from Edinburgh last year and that was bad enough without the hassle. Loved your report especially as we’re offsite for the first time in a few years. Haven’t been to NYPD for years so definitely need to return.
Old 7 Aug 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Truly a nightmare of a travel day, I felt anxious just reading about it so I have no idea how you must have felt living it. I truly hate travel day, so incredibly stressful.

Who knew Chick-Fil-A serve breakfast!? It actually looks really good, especially those hash browns.

Pizza at Giordanos looks incredible!

We didn’t try the brisket poutine last year as they weren’t eligible as a snack credit and I was being stingey but we are going to go for it this year! They look so good.

The pizza at NYPD looks even better than Giordanos, the crust looks just how I like it.

Very interesting reading your thoughts on off-site vs. DDP and I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. Both potential plans for the future sound amazing.
Thanks for your reply. We all thought NYPD was better than Giardanos. I thought the pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten. The one at Blaze was good too.

If you get a chance try Chick Fil A. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Oh and the milk shakes were amazing too. Have a great time. We will look out for your food report as they are always good!
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
What an awful travel day, we did that early flight from Edinburgh last year and that was bad enough without the hassle. Loved your report especially as we’re offsite for the first time in a few years. Haven’t been to NYPD for years so definitely need to return.
Yep, as good a pizza as I have ever eaten...

The Edinburgh London option I agree is a pain and we all particularly hate Gatwick - crazy busy, mental security and usually a tightish connection but when it is half the price of flying direct from Glasgow, price wins!
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotscraig View Post
Thanks for your reply. We all thought NYPD was better than Giardanos. I thought the pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten. The one at Blaze was good too.

If you get a chance try Chick Fil A. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Oh and the milk shakes were amazing too. Have a great time. We will look out for your food report as they are always good!
We've still never made it to Blaze! I am going to have to make some kind of WDW pizza ranking. Although I haven't set the bar very high as I love the giant slices they sell in the food courts, they taste like childhood!

Thank you, not to much longer for me to wait. Very excited about my TR this year, can't wait to get going with it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loved the many varieties of pizza options. At all times of day. My kind of eating. Great report
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Enjoyed your food report. i must try a pizza at Giardanos, looked fabulous.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Really enjoyed your food report, looks like you all had an amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab food report! Just binged it all! We tried nypd pizza for the first time last year and it was amazing! Blew giorandos and blaze out of the water. Unfortunately it was on our last night so only went the once, however it is down for the first night on our 2020 trip 😁!

Nightmare travel day but as you say you can’t dwell just get on with the holiday and have a fab time 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Another brilliant report, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Your travel day sounded like a nightmare but you all seemed to shake it off pretty quickly and got on with enjoying the holiday.

I loved reading all your off site dining experiences, for our last trip and our next one we’ve started doing a bit of staying both onsite and offsite and have enjoyed having both. We like the convenience of onsite but also love the freedom of offsite. I’ve added a few more restaurants to my offsite list after reading your report.

We also like a wee visit to WL when we are in Orlando, it was the first onsite resort we stayed at and although we have made it our mission to try a different resort each trip it is still our favourite. I can’t believe you didn’t have a Magic Cookie Bar when you were at the Roaring Fork

Your possible plans for this years trip both sound great. It’ll be nice to have a change.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List