Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Sep 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh yes and apparently 801 Royal has closed so won’t be eating there then 😞
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

For Karen G ...
The Old Coffee Pot has just re opened under the cafe beignet chain.
So it’s back on the list
And hopefully no toasted mice 😳
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
For Karen G ...
The Old Coffee Pot has just re opened under the cafe beignet chain.
So it’s back on the list
And hopefully no toasted mice 😳

Can’t wait to read that one
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don’t think we went to Black Marlin but I’m sure we tried 2 of the other restaurants in the group and they were fab.

Have a fab time
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

Can’t wait to read that one
I wonder if it comes with a side of cheese ?

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I don’t think we went to Black Marlin but I’m sure we tried 2 of the other restaurants in the group and they were fab.

Have a fab time
Ooh that’s good to know . Thank you
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thyme, Premier Inn Gatwick North

And we are finally off

Dinner

Upgraded to full meal deal on arrival -already had booked breakfast but as we arrived later than expected, couldnt be doing with a trek back in the rain out to the terminal so ended up eating here. Got a table for 1945 at 1815.

Menu was in the room so able to choose what we wanted before hand while finishing off the bottles of wine we had brought from home.

These were already open and surely would have gone off by the time we got home right? Keeping it classy.

There was a queue to be seated , it moved quite quickly. No fast pass lane. Tsk tsk.

Went for the Lamb Koftas and Chicken and Chorizo skewers - split them so we had one of each. Both very nice

Beer and House Rose

Mains paid £2 extra for the mixed grill and I had the bacon double cheeseburger. Meals took a little while to come out but were both really very good.

We had been chatting to the table next to us who were celebrating an 80th birthday , they very generously gave us a slice each of their M&S cake so no need for dessert

Breakfast

We were down around 7.15 and it was quite empty.
Andy had the full english and toast which he said was fine but I didn’t get a pic.

i couldnt face anything cooked - so just had some crunchy nut cornflakes.

The most unexciting food pic for a trippie

I thought the orange juice was a bit rubbish - sharp and watery and the coffee machine dispenses only half a cup of frothy stuff that really wasnt a proper cappuccino so it was a mixed view from us.

I am not sure it was really worth $10.50 each and we probably should have made better use of the Club Lounge ...
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

No1 Lounge Gatwick South

No 1 Lounge Gatwick South

Bit of a trek to find but worth the Peace.

Had booked this for $51 which in hindsight feels like a lot. Actually so far not feeling we made best use of what we had pre paid for !

It was pretty busy in there and it didnt look as if we were going to find somewhere to sit but some people were leaving a “reserved” couch just as we got there so we decided to chance our luck.

It was nice to chill out.

I still didnt feel like anything cooked and now I realise I didn’t take a menu pic but I think the choices were a sausage or bacon bap, poached eggs with avocado and something else . There was porridge and cereals out along with pastries so plenty of choice.

Working on the premis that its always 5 o clock somewhere in the world Andy had a G&T and I had a pink Prosecco. Very nice. I also had cheese and biscuits so definitely feeling a supper time vibe and it wasnt even 10 am yet .

Our gate went up really quickly - we had only been there an hour and having paid for priority boarding I didn’t want to miss the early call so we trotted off having had a nice time but definitely not having made as much use as on previous visits .
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Not Norwegian Air

Hi Fly A340

Hmm, the less we say about this the better - see the trippy when it comes out for the lowdown. It’s quite hard to eat you lunch when your tray table is so knackered that its on a 90 degree tilt and requires use of iPad and notepad to prop it up.

The meal came out about two hours after take off which felt late . Possibly due to the length of time the seatbelt sign was on .. there was some turbulence but nothing really to note.

The meal itself was quite tasty just pitiful in presentation and portion size. Truly a feeble effort.

Mixed salad that I added into my main of mash, chicken in tomato sauce and some unidentifiable but colourful beans. Washed down with white wine and some water.

No bread and no crackers. We did miss them

I do find macaroons as a rule to be a disappointment but there were nice : Caramel and Chocolate. We kept back one box and had them a couple of hours later just after 4pm.

Afternoon tea came round about 90 minutes before landing. There was no drinks service between lunch and afternoon tea.

No tea or coffee , no bottles of water.

A nice chicken Caesar roll and a small brownie - that was nice but rich and leaves that tacky feeling in your mouth so could have done with a hot drink to wash it down. We had a glass of Pepsi.

Sadly we thought the flight was chronic. Only redeemed by Andy having extra leg room.

Air Scotia is alive and well . Oh Deary Me

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Well all in all a good start despite the disappointing airline. The crunchy nut really doesn't look that bad!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Well all in all a good start despite the disappointing airline. The crunchy nut really doesn't look that bad!
Ha ha. Thank you