Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Oct 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

We fly on the 11th and will be there for Christmas. Have to say it’s not really sunk in yet! DS will turn 17 while we’re there and going to an Orlando Magics game for his birthday, and just giving him dollars for Christmas so not actually taking any presents with us. Only have a few people to bit for before we go so will get them sorted soon. Still feels all surreal 😬

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

We must be the only ones who haven’t booked anywhere for Christmas dinner! Got a park reservation for Animal Kingdom for Christmas Day but will have counter service for lunch. Will probably eat off site for dinner, just have to find out who’s actually open!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

flying 22nd! Definitely hasn't sunk in at all this is the 5th attempt since July 2020 so feels very very strange to think Florida is so close!

I haven't even thought about planning just trying to get my head rounds Adr's again!

Where about are you staying?
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We'll be there till January and I just put money in cards for our kids and Grandchildren now they're older, I'm super stressed though about testing,I feel like I'm going on holiday for the first time ever 😳
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Sorry everyone is feeling it too but I'm glad I'm not alone!

We are flying Dec 8th from Manchester with virgin. Its our 5th attempt since covid and on our last trip in Feb 18 I got incredibly ill on our first full day and ended up in a wheelchair after missing out on the first week. Then we got stuck in Dublin with the beast from the east so this trip is super important to us.

I'm big on Xmas so don't feel I can just give money unfortunately though it would be so much easier! I'm nearly there and the bits I haven't got I know what to get so that's good.

I dont think it's sunk in either...I was planning on champagne ready for the announcement and a big American night celebration but at the min I'm not feeling it which is strange when everyone else is crazy excited... I think it will come once I'm packed! X
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are flying on Xmas day! Most of my nieces and nephews are teenagers and we all agreed to stop buying Xmas gifts a few years ago so only 5 little ones to buy for before we go. DS20 is coming with us and I will give him dollars plus a couple of useful bits to open at the Heathrow hotel like new underwear and a new hoody. DH and I won’t buy for each other and will just treat ourselves out there. I actually feel like I have less planning to do for Xmas than usual!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Umm I wasn’t stressing until I read this post and it suddenly dawned on me that I have to do my Christmas shopping before I go. 😳
I’ve been so busy organising the holiday it’s slipped my mind eeek
I’m glad you’ve reminded me haha 😂

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Oh no sorry! Ahh denial...its the best🤣🤣
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

It was ADR day for us today, we fly on 22nd December starting at Universal and move to Disney on 25th.

I already had our Universal restaurant bookings done for the first couple of days and I’m happy with all of those (Cowfish, Antojitos and Hard Rock Cafe.)

Because everyone arriving at Disney before us has already booked ADRs for Christmas availability wasn’t great today and I didn’t get exactly what we wanted at the times we wanted…couldn’t get anything for ‘Ohana dinner all week which is frustrating as we’re staying at the Polynesian for the first and probably the first time so it would have been the ideal time to go. Also can’t get anything at Sci-Fi Diner and the Beaches and Cream reservation I could get is randomly in the middle of the afternoon. I didn’t think the restaurants I wanted were particularly in high demand (besides ‘Ohana) and I’ve never had trouble getting what we want before which I guess shows how busy Christmas is, plus I think restaurant capacity is still lower than usual?

I did get Tiffins for Christmas Day lunch which we wanted and Liberty Tree Tavern and Skipper Canteen for our Magic Kingdom day on Boxing Day.

Our other bookings are Rose and Crown, Beaches and Cream, House of Blues, The Edison for dinner on Christmas Day and random drinks at Oga’s Cantina one day (9.45 am anyone &#129315.

I now have a couple of gaps because we couldn’t get what we wanted so we’ll do quick service instead for those as I don’t want to book table service places we’re not so keen on.

We were out on a day out in Brighton today so doing ADRs in Starbucks with rubbish WiFi was fun 😅 but luckily it meant I missed a lot of the stress about children potentially quarantining. Glad that seems to have all been sorted out but not over the moon about the idea of extra testing for children 3-5 days after arrival. I saw extra tests mentioned on another thread last week as a potential leak but then they didn’t announce them as part of the requirements yesterday so I thought we were all good. Shame there’s going to potentially be another layer of test stress once we’re on holiday but it is what it is.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

When i booked the holiday i had a husband to help. Tomorrow i apply for my decree absolute after he decided it was ok to sleep with several of my close friends.
Now im looking at having to sort all of that, arrange a food shop and get family to collect it for me. Ive had to get a letter from him saying hes allowing me to take them out of the country. We land home christmas eve.
Now im stressimg incase he decides he wants the kids for xmas because wr will have been away for 2 weeks. Also stressomg about the fact that the kids need a pcr test within 24hrs lf travel. Whatvif one of us comes bk positive?!
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List