Old 4 May 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve had that table in Crystal Palace!
Brunch looks great ... something We’ve not tried... yet!
Old 4 May 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
We’ve had that table in Crystal Palace!
Brunch looks great ... something We’ve not tried... yet!
Oh Julie, then you totally know what I am talking about, crazy table! I would recommend brunch on the DDP, not as painful as paying in full!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Garden Grill Breakfast

We were up early for our reservation for Garden Grill. This was our first time here and we booked early so we could finish early and run to Soarin!

The food was fresh and hot and the character interactions were excellent. That cinnamon roll was ridiculously awesome and quite surprisingly it wasn’t super heavy. There was also some fruit but it would appear I forgot to photograph that! Extra bonus points for getting to ride Soarin twice!

I had seen on a Disney blog this Minnie rose gold cupcake so after riding Soarin I popped down and grabbed it. It was delicious but had so much buttercream.

We went back to POFQ for a swim and then spent the afternoon at HS. We had our fastpasses booked and were looking forward to seeing the new Toy Story area.

Churros for Cooper, he enjoyed this.

Cheese pretzel, this wasn’t quite what I expected. I think I prefer the original pretzels with plastic cheese dip.

We had a ball at HS and grabbed some quick service meals from POFQ food court. Chicken nuggets and fries, I had a salad and Adam had a burger.

Ooh and some snacks I had picked up at the Contemporary the day before! Mickey Head brownie and a peanut butter tart. They were both really good!

Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Satu’li Canteen and Boma

Sorry but today is light on food photos. We had cereal in the room and then we spent the day at AK, had a ball on Everest, FOP and Dinosaur before grabbing some cheeseburger pods at Satu’li Canteen. These are weirdly delicious and I love the theming in this area! Got soaked on Kali River Rapids before heading back to POFQ to freshen up for dinner.

So we waited about 30mins past our Reservation time before we were called for. This place was crazy busy. Our poor waitress was literally run off her feet. I ordered a glass of wine, Adam and Cooper both had sprite. The restaurant was rammed with people and they had packed so many tables in that in certain areas you just couldn’t walk through. The queues for food were long and it didn’t feel great after our lovely brunch at Cali Grill. I know I am comparing oranges and apples but it was like night and day.

We tried a bit of everything- we all particularly enjoyed the carvery. There were lots of salads and sides and we sampled all of the cute bite sized desserts- zebra domes included. Photo pinched from the internet! Adam said he wouldn’t return to Boma but that he loved the hotel.

Back to POFQ for a swim before bed.
Old 6 May 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Loving reading along, shame your experience at Boma wasn’t so good, we normally love it there.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Loving reading along, shame your experience at Boma wasn’t so good, we normally love it there.
Thank you Alison, I wasn’t sure whether if anyone was still reading I think after we have been in busy parks all day, it feels exhausting to have to queue again for food (wish there was a fastpass line! ) and compete with the hustle and bustle of a super busy restaurant. The food was lovely and we thought the hotel was brilliant too.
Old 6 May 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Thank you Alison, I wasn’t sure whether if anyone was still reading I think after we have been in busy parks all day, it feels exhausting to have to queue again for food (wish there was a fastpass line! ) and compete with the hustle and bustle of a super busy restaurant. The food was lovely and we thought the hotel was brilliant too.
I’m still with you 😂 never been to Boma but loved Sanaa
Old 7 May 21, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
I’m still with you 😂 never been to Boma but loved Sanaa
Thank you Julie! we do get to Sanaa and really enjoyed it!
Old 7 May 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
HS Snacks Sanaa and Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill

We had the morning at HS. Managed to ride TOT and rock n roller coaster before going on slinky dog. There were a few snacks on our must try list - nom nom cookie which was completely delicious, blue slushie which Cooper enjoyed (gives me brain freeze!) and Adam loved the cheesecake on a stick.

We really wanted to try the bread service at Sanaa, so popped there for a quick bite. We sat at a long table just in front of the bar. The restaurant was lovely and it was so chilled out. All the dips were amazing and we had to order extra bread so we could finish off the dips, we had obviously worked up an appetite at HS!

We all thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service and would happily return. We paid OOP for this.

Dinner was at Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill. This was another new one for us and it did not disappoint! Adam and Cooper had sprite to drink and I had a glass of Pinot.

Adam ordered the flat iron steak with chimichurri and Cooper and I both had the crisp half roasted chicken, mine with mash and Cooper’s with fries. Adam ordered a side of Tuscan potatoes. Holy Moly, this was all amazing!

Literally everything we ordered was perfect but those potatoes were ridiculously excellent! I could have had a whole bowl to myself.

Dessert was fantastic too! Key Lime Cheesecake for Adam, a chocolate soufflé for me and Cooper had an ice-cream sundae.

This was our most favourite meal of the trip so far. Service food and location were amazing. This was the first DDP meal that Adam said he would happily pay OOP for and we all really want to go back!

Edited at 10:50 AM.
Old 7 May 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow a good few days. We've never been to AKL...no car and too lazy to get the bus, we should have stayed there last summer to make up for our lack of visits previously...anyway I've seen people rave about Boma so it's a shame you guys didn't rate it, but seems like the Sanaa bread service did fit the bill.

I'm really glad you enjoyed Garden Grill. I know it shouldn't matter if you don't like it, but it's hands down my favourite character dining. We've done the dinner twice and breakfast once. The rotation, having a booth, multiple character meets, delicious food. Ahhh I love it! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ooh and California Grill brunch, another favroutie, even if DS only had chocolate croissants and oranges The rest of us made the most of the buffet. Poor you having to stand guard until someone could come and clear away the mess.

Oh and the snacks at HS. The cookies num num, haven't tried it, really want to!

I'm remembering everything out of order and this reply is gonna read a bit like a tired, mad woman who has barely slept all week is writing keep posting, I'm reading and will reply eventually...

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:03 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List