Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
Genie+ Is there anything good about it?

Genie+ and Lightning Lane have got a slating from about 95% of the posts I've seen. But is there anything good about it (apart from the nonsense I've heard from Disney)?
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The good thing is if you want to visit WDW and don't want to use only standby queues it is what you will have to use.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Here's a positive outlook on it from a podcast I listen to disneyparkprincess/the-d...n-theme-parks/

Basically it's cheaper than universal so it could be worse
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Genie+ is just fastpass. Absolutely nothing new there, except you now pay for it. But Genie itself has potential, especially for those not familiar with the parks so need help planning.

And as above, it's cheaper than I was expecting. I thought they'd go Universal Express pass style instead of bringing MaxPass to WDW.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If everyone going to the park pays for Genie + then surely its a waste of time.

You wont benefit am i right in thinking?
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by maddo11 View Post
If everyone going to the park pays for Genie + then surely its a waste of time.

You wont benefit am i right in thinking?
Not quite, since it's the same as fastpass and you select a time to return. The lightning lane que will sell out so it will still always be faster than standby
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
If it were a free system then I wonder how many people would be complaining? Yes I’m not happy to pay but can’t we just see how the system works and in action before it’s written off? It might work brilliantly. For all the many that liked to plan there were probably just as many that didnt. All it use to be was “I’m on holiday I don’t want to make plans at 60 or 30 days out”. “I want to decide on the day”. I don’t think Disney can win in this regard. Still should be some free fastpasses though.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the free system has the potential to be good. I’ll be interested to see it in practice.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
If it were a free system then I wonder how many people would be complaining? Yes I’m not happy to pay but can’t we just see how the system works and in action before it’s written off?
Tickets are already £469 and they originally included fast pass. The new system may work well but for a family of 4 it will add substantial cost even for 7 days. Plus additional cost for the better rides
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Tickets are already £469 and they originally included fast pass. The new system may work well but for a family of 4 it will add substantial cost even for 7 days. Plus additional cost for the better rides
I understand that as I’ve highlighted as in my first sentence if it were a free system how many would complain. I just want to be clear that the reason to complain is that’s it’s paid and that is fully justified to be upset about that but I don’t understand the complaints about how genie+ will work until we see it action.

Edited at 07:24 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List