Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

I don't think there are 3 separate lines, the Genie+ gives access to the lightning lanes, correct?

So just the 2, standby & lightning.
m8rty is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by m8rty View Post
I don't think there are 3 separate lines, the Genie+ gives access to the lightning lanes, correct?

So just the 2, standby & lightning.
That’s correct. It sounds like 3 but it is two lines. Standby or genie+ Lightning Lane on most attractions but on others it will standby and paid extra Lightning Lane. Complicate it more adding boarding group stand by lines for ROTR and Remy and paid Lightning Lanes
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

For me, the two main bonuses of the new system are the lack of any need to pick rides so far out, and the additional option for riding the ones with virtual queues. If I was staying offsite, I’d probably also like that my chances at getting FPs for the most popular rides weren’t reduced just because I was staying offsite (I say that as someone who stays onsite). I think Genie could be a useful tool for those who use it too
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

It's not gone live yet so we can't really say what will be positive and negative. Sure, paying for it is a negative, but we don't yet know whether it will actually be necessary to. If the standby queues are reasonable then why pay extra?
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I assume you are a Disney shareholder/fanboy😀
Or just a spontaneous person who doesn’t know exactly what they want to do on their holiday months in advance ?
I think anyone who was doing Disney pre the last fast pass can see an advantage , it’s all going to depend on the execution.
Planners and spreadsheet lovers……..not so much !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m8rty View Post
A 14 day ticket costs £469 right now on ATD for next year.
Go to the parks EVERY day for 14 days.
£33.50 a day, you're hardly being ripped off if you pay an additional $15 now and then.

Just for reference, FP tickets for Alton Towers cost from £30 a day to £105 PLUS park entry...

$15 BARGAIN by comparison!
One person’s rip off is another’s bargain , to me no theme park extras are a “bargain” though
Don’t think anyone would spend two weeks at Alton Towers though
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Don’t think anyone would spend two weeks at Alton Towers though
Oh god no, it was just a UK pricing example, HELL ON EARTH!
m8rty is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mcpnt4
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Or just a spontaneous person who doesn’t know exactly what they want to do on their holiday months in advance ?
I think anyone who was doing Disney pre the last fast pass can see an advantage , it’s all going to depend on the execution.
Planners and spreadsheet lovers……..not so much !
Having visited WDW pre fastpass, paper fastpass and 60 day fastpass+ I much prefered fastpass+ plus as it allowed us as a family to ensure we all got a say beforehand in what we wanted to do without relying on luck/fortune on the day as to whether we could get on our favourite rides.

Its a negative financially for anyone who has visited in the last 15+ years and had access to some level of free fastpass. However if someone isnt a planner I would imagine that the impact will be much less than for people like us as planners as for us its a huge step backwards.

Cant please everyone I guess, I hate it but others will embrace it as it suits them better. I think if Genie+ was included in the ticket price there would be a lot less of a backlash, but charging for something that large swathes of visitors will see as a major negative is brave/short-sighted/shareholder friendly/flexible/anti-customer etc etc ( will depend on your point of view).
Mcpnt4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

For me, nothing positive. Cost and the early rise. And before anyone says that I don’t have to use it, I know. But I like my day to be planned and I cannot queue for long.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I cannot queue for long.
DAS pass could be an option for you. My wife gets terrible backache so we will be looking into this too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List