Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Oct 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
So am I!😬
PLF for return to U.K.
From what I can see you have to submit it within 48 hours of your return to the U.K. so I think we can fill it in now and then submit it just before we come back.
I haven’t actually seen the form yet so I’m not 100% but at least we have the codes to add now.
Brilliant! Thank you again for answering all my questions! I really hope you have a lovely long awaited fun trip to Disney! Can’t wait to hear all about it! 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Finally got the suitcase out!
First time since summer 2020!
Glad to have a spare bedroom right now.
Should have been packing for 10 days in Orlando but I’ll happily take DLP as an alternative right now.
The cat is now suspicious.. 😬

And his face says “I don’t think so, woman..”

He’s a mummy’s boy and he likes to make me feel guilty and knows exactly how to do it!
I do feel extra bad this time round as it’ll be his first time at the cattery on his own since his brother went missing in June so I hope he’ll be ok 😞
Got my spirit jerseys packed and my Haunted mansion anniversary hoody.
Doesn’t look like we’ll be needing too many jumpers thankfully but waterproof coat will be a must by the looks of it!

I have also just seen that dd has packed all the basics ..
*eye roll*
I have also had to put our swimming stuff in and I hate going swimming unless it’s somewhere hot but dh and dd insist we finally use the pool this time so meh 😒
I want to wash all the bedclothes and rest of the stuff we want to take with us but can’t do anything until our new dishwasher arrives and of course it’s late so I could’ve done a load this morning .. typical!
Have also been trying to write a list of things I need to remember to do but can’t remember what I wanted to put on it 🙄
I know one was to make sure I put DD’s pumpkin in the garden so I don’t come back to a mouldy mess

And another may have been to rake the leaves in the garden but then again, looking at the beast of a tree in the woods behind our house it may be futile ..

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😬

Edited at 12:00 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Brilliant! Thank you again for answering all my questions! I really hope you have a lovely long awaited fun trip to Disney! Can’t wait to hear all about it! 😊
Absolutely my pleasure! I’ll have a proper look at the form when my dh finishes work and I can let you know for certain.
Thank you so much 💖
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Ordered our tests from Chronomics in the end.
Bit more than I wanted to spend but availability and postage included helped!
Now can fill in the PLF and relax 😅
Also ordered Chronomics - so glad you are all sorted too 😀
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Pre travel day -24/10/2021

Woke up feeling sick as a dog, also didn’t help that I’d been awake from 4am till around 5:30 as I just couldn’t get back to sleep.
Dh started snoring just as I was falling back to sleep and was really hard not to smother him with my pillow!
Have another small wash to do this morning and then just to throw shoes into the suitcase and take the cat to the cattery.
Midday we are off to Canterbury to meet my parents before going to stay at the Dover Premiere inn for the night.
Chris made us coffee while we let dd sleep a bit longer.
The cat pratted around our bedroom while I sat in bed, yowling at every single sound on the roof and climbing in the en-suite bath and sink and then my dressing table 🙄
I think he was trying to make me feel less sad about him going to the cattery on his own so he’s being the most annoying jerk possible.
It’s working…

Fast forward and cat at the cattery and we are all packed up.
Over packed as usual 😳

Stopped off for a Starbucks and saw this nice sounding Frappuccino!

Sadly they’d run out .. I did get a nice autumnal Pumpkin spice latte though.

Nice journey to Canterbury, traffic was kind to us and dd was well set up in the back

Had a nice meal in Prezzo with my mum and step dad.
Didn’t take any food photos as my mum would’ve been ‘🤨’
Once finished we went back to their house to spoil the puppies and get covered in dog dribble (they like to lick!)
Tinkerbell is absolutely in love with Isabella and does not leave her alone! Licked every bit of her face, neck, hands and any flesh left on show so ankles too!

Looked out of their window and see that Dover Castle is lit up red for ‘ Walk with Amal’ a puppet of refugee girl Amal , link here if you’re interested.
walkwithamal/?fbclid...FMa73FVwx_ln90

Left for the premiere inn at 7 which is just down the road and once we dumped all of our stuff in the room we went downstairs for a pre holiday drink 😋🍹

So blimmin’ hot in Premiere Inn’s, why?!
Went back upstairs around half 9 because we were getting bored. Had hoped to watch the Austin Grandprix but sadly the bar couldn’t show the race because they only had rubbish BT sport 😞 was hard not to try and take a sneak peek at the results and will have to wait till tomorrow now 😭
Went to bed shortly after as have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning , not looking forward to sleeping in a furnace 😴.
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start! The dog and your daughter look so cute! Excited for more trip reports from you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Travel day

After a hellish night in the sweat box I think I managed around 2 hours broken sleep, at most.
My brain decided as soon as the lights went out that it would find a 101 things to worry about and wonder if Leon at the Chunnel terminal was going to have the halloumi and avocado breakfast muffin is been craving (spoiler alert, Leon was shut 😭 ).
Also imagine my disgust when dh told me we were actually having to get up at 5 and not 5:30!
The one plus is as I never actually went to sleep I wasn’t actually that tired when the alarm went off as my brain hadn’t actually switched off in the first place. I’m sure that will bite me on the bum at some point today!
Thankfully Izzy was in a quite good mood this morning so that made everything less dramatic until Chris came into the bathroom and moaned how he’d had the worst nights sleep and spent most of it awake…how I didn’t drown him in the toilet I do not know!
He literally snored all night because the room was stuffy so god knows when he managed to fit in being wide awake 🙄
Anyway, we packed up and saw it was peeing down so dh brought the car round to the entrance and we loaded up the car again and headed off on the 15 minute journey to the Eurotunnel terminal which is very well signposted if you’ve never been before.
The lady at check in just checked our booking and then we parked up and headed in.
Only a few food options available at this time in the morning (5:45) and Leon was not one of them.. devastated!
Starbucks didn’t have much in the way of breakfast offerings so we settled for a full English at La Gare cafe and bar and they were £9 each so not too bad.
The tea and coffee were awful though!
Has a quick browse in Duty free but nothing really stood out to me and the savings on make up weren’t enough to tempt me.
Toilet stop now as they no longer have the toilets available on the actual shuttle so make sure you go before!

We got back in the car and had our passports checked in the U.K. side and then the French.
The French passport control asked for vaccination proof as well but not the Health declaration (we had these printed just incase) .
Then to sit in the queue waiting for our boarding time of 7:20.
Smooth journey and arrived in just 35 mins, we just love how easy it is to use the Chunnel.

Arrived to some cloud but sunshine trying to peek through
Took just over 3 hours to get to DLP as traffic was brilliant and that was with a pit stop for a quick snack.
The toll was €22.80 and we paid cash at the machine but it also took card / contactless.

My most favourite of snacks!

Checked into Magic Circus and thankfully a room became available straight away otherwise we would’ve had to wait till 3pm so that was a touch and the lady on reception was so nice and helpful.
Room is fab and Izzy loved her little bed and promptly set up her space.

We decided to head to Val d Europe shopping centre which is only a 10 minute drive or you can get the bus from Chessy station which is right by the park entrances.
Had a browse in Primark, H&M and Uniqlo and then to Auchan to stock up on bbq Lays, white crunch bars and drinks for the room.

Primark Disney section-

Will go back towards the end of our stay as we pick up wine, beer and Christmas presents
We also stopped for a bubble tea for Izzy and dh and I shared a chicken Shawarma wrap and some hummus from a Lebanese quick service, was absolutely delicious!
I forgot to take pictures so apologies for that!
We left shortly after and got changed to go into Disney village where we had to have our health pass scanned as we wanted to eat in King Ludwig’s for old times sake.
Was quiet so were seated straight away and had a great server.
Food was good and had an interesting cocktail! Found a skull in it at the bottom 😐just a sweet thankfully but was so hard I couldn’t chew it so it may as well have been real 😆
Had a browse round the shops but were so tired by now that we just picked up a couple of things and then decided to go back to the room.
Ended up in an Uber as the queue for the shuttle was a good couple of hundred people and some absolute cheeky 🤬 slowly but surely stood right in front of dd and pushed her practically back off the bus!
I was absolutely livid and I’m glad I only know a couple of French swear words as I’d have turned the air blue! She was under no illusions I was throughly 🤬 off and about how rude I thought she was, DH was just the same and said “sod this” and ordered an Uber .. we even beat the shuttle back so have that you selfish 🤬! 👍🏻
All had showers and now we’re eating chocolate in bed and watching Harry Potter.
King Ludwig’s- Nightmare cocktail, chicken tenders with coconut curry dipping sauce (amazing sauce!) Mozzarella sticks and pretzel and mustard.
Mains were Pork knuckle for dh with a German Ale gravy, burger for dd and Dauphine ravioli for me.
Old 25 Oct 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Great start! The dog and your daughter look so cute! Excited for more trip reports from you!
They are definitely the cutest pair I’ve seen in a while!
Thank you 😊
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start! Our only previous time at DLP, about 12 years ago, we were staying at Santa Fe and when we caught the bus back the first night we felt like we might be killed in the rush!
DH got up early the next morning and found the walk along the canal and we never used the bus again!

Really enjoying your trip reports, just booked our flights so it’s revved up the excitement!

Next May we are staying at Newport so a shorter walk hopefully, though didn’t mind that walk from Santa Fe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Great start! Our only previous time at DLP, about 12 years ago, we were staying at Santa Fe and when we caught the bus back the first night we felt like we might be killed in the rush!
DH got up early the next morning and found the walk along the canal and we never used the bus again!

Really enjoying your trip reports, just booked our flights so it’s revved up the excitement!

Next May we are staying at Newport so a shorter walk hopefully, though didn’t mind that walk from Santa Fe.
Ah thank you 😊
Luckily we only have one more day of shuttles till we move to Art of marvel then it’s just a short walk but we’ve already said if the shuttle is like yesterday then the €7 for the Uber is worth it’s weight in gold!