Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I agree. Free nights or some sort of discount. Given the dining credit offer wasn’t as good as free dining, they’ll probably do something that sounds better than it actually is 🙄🤷😂
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I don't see Disney offering free dining this year, perhaps next year. They don't exactly need to encourage UK residents to return to WDW with the 50th anniversary stuff and borders reopening. Nor will they need to fill rooms for the same reasons.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If they use the normal offer cycle, I would expect the free nights offer to begin within the next couple of weeks. Which could be more valuable depending how generous it is this year, since the nightly cost of a higher tier resort is worth more than the dining credit.
We’ve moved from free nights at Yacht Club in 2020 on a 9nt stay, to the 2021 dining credit offer at the beach club, and the dining credit offer was by a reasonable (but not dramatically so) better offer
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
We’ve moved from free nights at Yacht Club in 2020 on a 9nt stay, to the 2021 dining credit offer at the beach club, and the dining credit offer was by a reasonable (but not dramatically so) better offer
That maths against the standard offer doesn't add up tbh.

Yacht Club is around £400 per night in it's cheapest price band now. On free nights for one week, assuming 2 nights free as usual, you'd save at least £800 on the room over a week but only get $476 in dining credits on the dining offer. Or $600 credits if I extend it to 9 nights.

But it's always a gamble of which offer will be better depending on your exact circumstances and the offer terms applied. If Yacht Club was only one night free for example, the credits would about break even on a 7 night stay or work out ahead on a 8-13 night stay.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It's been free nights for a number of years now, but each year the offer seems to reduce. I think it will possibly be free nights again or some sort of room discount offer. It will be interesting to see if it works out better than the current dining credit offer for us. I've only put a £50 deposit down for 1 person, so will crunch the figures and see if it's worth cancelling, losing the £50 and rebooking. If it's not, then I'll just add the rest of the family on to the dining credit offer.
Thanks for mentioning this - we were still mulling what to do on our February half-term week...

- WDW
- Universal
- House-with-pool

I've slapped down a one-person reservation for WDW so we have that locked in, along with the dining credit and gift-card. I don't mind losing the £50 if we have a change of heart, although it may be possible to bump that towards another holiday.

I've now got less than an hour to decide on August, so I better get outta here and make up my mind!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Thanks for mentioning this - we were still mulling what to do on our February half-term week...

- WDW
- Universal
- House-with-pool

I've slapped down a one-person reservation for WDW so we have that locked in, along with the dining credit and gift-card. I don't mind losing the £50 if we have a change of heart, although it may be possible to bump that towards another holiday.

I've now got less than an hour to decide on August, so I better get outta here and make up my mind!
Made it with minutes to spare - booked Caribbean Beach for 10 nights in August as the second part of a rough West coast - WDW - New York trip.

I went for Caribbean Beach due to the third bed (to keep the kids sane) and the Skyliner.

I was really tempted to go for the Contemporary but figured it may be easier to amend up in cost than amend down, so I can now sit and see what else transpires.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

We booked yesterday for 1 person to lock in deal. I’ve noticed today ticket prices have gone up, when we add extra guests on do we pay the booked price or the new price I wonder?
olivia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by olivia View Post
We booked yesterday for 1 person to lock in deal. I’ve noticed today ticket prices have gone up, when we add extra guests on do we pay the booked price or the new price I wonder?
You pay the price for the deal you booked

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

- WDW
- Universal
- House-with-pool

Made it with minutes to spare - booked Caribbean Beach for 10 nights in August as the second part of a rough West coast - WDW - New York trip.

I went for Caribbean Beach due to the third bed (to keep the kids sane) and the Skyliner.

I was really tempted to go for the Contemporary but figured it may be easier to amend up in cost than amend down, so I can now sit and see what else transpires.
Pleased to hear that you got it locked in and can now have time to think about what you want to do and make changes if needed. That £50 down just gives you breathing space, doesn't it?

We're staying at CBR as the extra bed is something we need too, but we also really love the resort itself and this will be our 3rd stay there

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Pleased to hear that you got it locked in and can now have time to think about what you want to do and make changes if needed. That £50 down just gives you breathing space, doesn't it?

We're staying at CBR as the extra bed is something we need too, but we also really love the resort itself and this will be our 3rd stay there
I've stayed there once before, but it was about 18 years ago, I think. My recollection is my daughter had just turned one when we stayed there, and she's just had her 19th birthday, so things will have changed somewhat since then!

On our February half-term cheapie week away in 2020, just before the world turned crazy, we did some Skyliner hopping and visited CBR and had a wander round, and it did have a nice feeling to it.

With Epcot being our favourite park, the Skyliner is a big plus.

Part One
Part Two