Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
We're doing the same thing! It looks amazing and is having great reviews. The Christmas Party just doesn't seem worth the money to us, it looks good but not 200 dollars good on top of our park tickets.
I'm so excited after watching Paging Mr Morrow's visit.🎄
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I'm so excited after watching Paging Mr Morrow's visit.🎄
It looks properly amazing and made me feel all christmassy when I saw some short videos. We've never done it before either so always good to do something new, and for a great cause!
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
It looks properly amazing and made me feel all christmassy when I saw some short videos. We've never done it before either so always good to do something new, and for a great cause!
Yes,it's sold out on quite a few dates already, we've booked for the 13th December,just got to hope it's a dry night.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Yes,it's sold out on quite a few dates already, we've booked for the 13th December,just got to hope it's a dry night.
I did think that too, just got to keep our fingers crossed. We're the 29th, not long to wait now!
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Wow Disney really cashing in on people's spare cash.

Old 11 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

Watched PMM's vlog last night and sure, it looked a good event. The fireworks were certainly spectacular and the parade was, well a parade. Hopefully we'll see parades return again soon for the everyday guest and not exclusively for upcharge events (although this does seem to be the direction WDW is going, for evening parades at least).

Been a good few years since we last did MVMCP but it seemed very similar. Same 'free' snacks. The hot chocolate i recall was super sweet, too sweet for me anyway.
I will say that whilst MVMCP was almost a must do at the price point it once was, the very merriest after hours prices are hugely inflated. I can't justify dropping the best part of a grand for our family of 5.

Looking at the demographic of guest there on opening night, families were very much in the minority, which is kinda sad given this is Disney at Christmas.

We have booked the Give Kids the World thing though. As someone said, it has vibes of Osborne lights which was a big favourite of ours in years gone by.
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I think I will give the Sea World christmas hours thing a go, considering there's no additional costs other than having a park ticket anyway.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Anyone been to the Merriest after hours?

Hi has anyone been to the above, wanted opinions if worth the cost as seems like a lot of money to spend for a few hours. Thanks
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don't think many people here would have yet as there's only been 2 nights so far, 1 of which was the first day we were allowed back. But there's plenty of vlogs for it.

I have bought a ticket, even though it costs more than I think it's worth. But a huge part of the reason I'm going at this time of year is because the Christmas celebrations are on, and I don't want to skip the main event. But I'm only one person, so $200 is a lot easier to justify than $800-1k for a family of 4 depending on dates.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I think I will give the Sea World christmas hours thing a go, considering there's no additional costs other than having a park ticket anyway.
Sea World is stunning over Christmas,by far the most Christmassy park.🎄😍