Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
After thinking about booking, we've decided that as we've done MVMCP countless times over the years at not so silly prices,I've just booked to go to Night of a Million Lights instead at Give Kids the World Village,if anyone is interested in seeing Christmas Lights and supporting an amazing charity,it looks fantastic.Its like the Osbourne Lights on steroids 🎄😁
Osbourne Lights, now that was an epic event... oh and free!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I'm giving serious thought to this event now. Originally I didn't want to pay what will be £330+ for two of us ontop of the tickets, but it seems i would be able to get all the rides done in the event alone without including the day admission I have which might be the clincher...
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

It was a lot of money but we absolutely
Loved it. It was our only visit to disney on the trip. We used it to get on a lot of rides and we loved the fireworks, parade and show. It was our first (and probably only) time seeing magic kingdom at Christmas
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
It was a lot of money but we absolutely
Loved it. It was our only visit to disney on the trip. We used it to get on a lot of rides and we loved the fireworks, parade and show. It was our first (and probably only) time seeing magic kingdom at Christmas
Did you find rides were a walk on? The day we would go would be our MK day anyway but would put less emphasis on rushing as we probably could afford to leave at 3pm before coming back in the evening. Would also free up other days we had down to parkhop to MK where instead could go to another disney park
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by MacUK View Post
We've been to a few MVMCP nights in the past and PMM's looked pretty similar!
We have too, and now I’m reading they are pretty similar but soooo much more expensive.
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Sea World is stunning over Christmas,by far the most Christmassy park.🎄😍
I watched Tim Tracker's recent vlog there - the trees on the water look amazing.

I'd love to be at any of the parks right now - it's hard to feel anywhere near that festive over here.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After thinking about booking, we've decided that as we've done MVMCP countless times over the years at not so silly prices,I've just booked to go to Night of a Million Lights instead at Give Kids the World Village,if anyone is interested in seeing Christmas Lights and supporting an amazing charity,it looks fantastic.Its like the Osbourne Lights on steroids 🎄😁
Oh my goodness. Thank you for this info.
All being well we will be in Orlando as an extended family next year and although I love Disney’s offering we have young children and are only interested in the lights and so I’d much much much rather give my money to GKTW.
I’m a speaker on behalf of MAW uk as is my son in Canada and we all volunteered at GKTW one Easter.
So that’s what I’m doing. Fits our philosophy entirely.
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Did you find rides were a walk on? The day we would go would be our MK day anyway but would put less emphasis on rushing as we probably could afford to leave at 3pm before coming back in the evening. Would also free up other days we had down to parkhop to MK where instead could go to another disney park
I went a few days ago and majority were a walk on pirates, big thunder, buzz. Other we waited 10-15 mins. Longest was surprisingly Pooh at 20 mins!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dar_Roberts
I want to go now!

Our experience on the 21st Nov was pretty similar, most rides were walk ins or 10-15 min wait. Think Space Mountain was about 20min all night and SDMT was showing 35 min but we were through the queue in about 20 near the end of the evening.

We managed 8 rides in total plus the parade and the fireworks between 9 and 1, and we actually gave up about 15 mins before closing as we were shattered - our theme park stamina is not what it was after a two year break!

Is it objectively worth the money? Of course not. I paid £189 each and that’s hard to justify for 4 hours. BUT, it was my other half’s landmark birthday that day so we were celebrating, plus we’ve come over Thanksgiving and the parks are crazy so walk on rides feel like a huge win. We’ve also never done an after party and we enjoyed the sugar overload that is the included snacks. So on balance I’m really glad we did it but YMMV in a very big way here - I can see not everyone would agree at all.
Dar_Roberts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Yes mostly they were - we did buzz, space mountain, haunted mansion, small world, little mermaid, jungle cruise, pirates with no waits and had about 10 minutes max wait for seven dwarfs. We could have done more rides but we were busy watching the entertainment which was fab! Just an all round brilliant evening and a great taster of a disney park on our non-disney trip.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List