Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Nov 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Tron mentioned at D23, zero mention of a date. So still thinking 2023 at the earliest.
Not good news at all. Although, can you imagine how busy MK is going to be when Tron opens!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I can see them closing out the 50th by opening Tron.
Yeah, they may be trying to get it out within the 18 month anniversary window, so maybe early Spring 2023?

Still not sure what's taking them so long though. It shouldn't take another 16 months or so.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yeah, they may be trying to get it out within the 18 month anniversary window, so maybe early Spring 2023?

Still not sure what's taking them so long though. It shouldn't take another 16 months or so.
Doubt it will take another 16 months, ride vehicles appeared months ago. Whether Disney decide to wait it out though even though the ride is done, or just slow down construction, simply to use it as a demand lever towards the end of 50th. Not that they really need to, but they did with Ratatouille.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Doubt it will take another 16 months, ride vehicles appeared months ago. Whether Disney decide to wait it out though even though the ride is done, or just slow down construction, simply to use it as a demand lever towards the end of 50th. Not that they really need to, but they did with Ratatouille.
It was a month ago. Just feels like forever.

Definitely going to be a demand lever, they're not going to see any need to open two big attractions at the same time when they can get you to make two trips.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

So it was, I have no concept of time since covid started
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Anyone have any guesses at when Guardians Cosmic Rewind will open?
I know they have said Summer 2022, but what month do we think?
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Anyone have any guesses at when Guardians Cosmic Rewind will open?
I know they have said Summer 2022, but what month do we think?
I'd guess maybe July in time for peak season, I would guess they would rather open it sooner than later in the summer season, but it really all depends how much work is left on how long that takes.
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Their construction teams are slow though, most likely because they're not putting large crews on due to the cut budgets. I think they're now saying some time in 2023 for Epcot overhaul and what's left out of the reduced offering? Mainly the Moana thing, which is some rocks and fountains really.

My prediction is about a year left in construction, AP previews maybe in Feb before a spring opening. Railroad will probably reopen first as they can use that as a nostalgia pull for the end of the 50th, then launch Tron after Easter to bump up the crowds post-spring break.

Edited at 01:56 PM.
Old 22 Nov 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Perhaps dan223 was thinking of the first couple of ride vehicles that turned up at MK at the end of 2019? Or the vehicle with extensions for verifying rider clearance that turned up about 2 and a half months ago?

Still, it seems a bit early for the ride vehicles to have already been delivered a month ago if the ride itself isn't going to open until Spring 2023. What are those vehicles going to do for 18 months?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Perhaps dan223 was thinking of the first couple of ride vehicles that turned up at MK at the end of 2019? Or the vehicle with extensions for verifying rider clearance that turned up about 2 and a half months ago?

Still, it seems a bit early for the ride vehicles to have already been delivered a month ago if the ride itself isn't going to open until Spring 2023. What are those vehicles going to do for 18 months?
Hmm, I thought the vehicles that turned up a couple months ago were for Guardians rather than Tron. But I will admit I'm not actually interested in either ride so don't follow it that closely.

My instinct is if they were planning on opening it next year, they would have made a huge deal about it at D23 instead of it basically being a footnote to the MK presentation. But I also think it's an operational/budget decision to intentionally delay it further, rather than they couldn't finish the construction much earlier if they wanted to.

Edited at 04:04 PM.