Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Nov 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Instax camera

DS really wants an Instax camera - has been on her list for a few years - lol. I cannot think of what to get her this year so thinking of getting her one of these, are they any good - or just a one off wonder. I know the film is quite expensive, but just wondered if anyone had one and it was any good? TIA
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I borrowed my SIL instax for a while and it was great but chunky and a pain to hoof around - as with all instant cams, you never quite know how the picture will turn out so we wasted a couple of films but it was fun to use.

I went to buy one myself and saw they’ve released a little printer now, it bluetooths to phone and prints your normal phone pics as instax…it’s much better I think. It’s also v small so easy to carry round in bag and you can add text and filters etc to the photos from the instax app x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Probably the biggest regret from a waste of money perspective I’ve ever spent on a present for my kids. Like you, they’d wanted one for a couple of years. I put it off until they wanted little else. They used them on Xmas day and NYE but the quality of the photo and ease of wasting a print (because you can’t see it) the novelty wore off very quickly for everyone!
Old 16 Nov 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishtogoback
Excited about Disney

My daughter really wanted one a few years ago. It’s a complete novelty, the film was used up by NyE. It is expensive to replace. She really wanted it and did get some great fun with it so while I’ve bought things that were much better value, it wasn’t a total waste of money and she was really happy to get it. My advice would be to get others to chip in with the film as a gift so she gets some use out of it.
Wishtogoback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think I will wait and see if there are any Black Friday deals, the only one I see at the moment is Very in a bundle for £85! Am so torn on this one as I think I know the answer to my question already! Might have a look at the printer. X
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My daughter loves hers. She takes it out often and plans carefully where she will use it. She does have some fails. Particularly in poor lighting but she has lots of lovely ones. She has them all up on her wall in a display.

They definitely aren’t a replacement for a regular camera. They are a one off for a special effect.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I just found the solution to my dilemma, they now do a camera with built in printer called an Instax LiPlay, which I have managed to get in rose gold! Can also print from phone.