Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Nov 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

7th Time's a Charm - November 2021 - Day 5 Animal Kingdom, Epcot and The Dolphin

Index is here

Today was the day we checked out of All Star Movies and moved over to the Dolphin Resort. We enjoyed our stay here and would stay at the All Stars again - they're cheap and cheerful 😀

After such a long day yesterday we couldn't be bothered to pack last night so did it this morning. We woke up around 8:30am, put a load of washing on and started packing & getting ready for the day. We left our room at exactly 11 and headed to bell services to have our luggage sent to our new hotel. The queue was huge - I was wishing we had been more organised last night now so we could have been up and out a bit earlier.

From here we went to Animal Kingdom to do a few things we didn't get a chance to do the other day. We arrived at around 12pm and headed over to Asia to catch the 12:15pm showing of Kite Tails. I remember when this was announced thinking it looked really cool and was looking forward to seeing it... It wasn't very good and I don't think we'll bother watching it again. We saw The Lion King version and it didn't get off to a great start - during the first number Simba crashed into the water so the whole song was just Zazu flying around while the crew scrambled around trying to get Simba up again 😅

While we were waiting for the show we placed a mobile order for Satu'li Canteen at 12:40am. This was our first time eating here and it was delicious - it was nice to be eating something a bit healthier. I had the grilled chicken bowl and J got the shrimp bowl. He also got a kids cheeseburger pod meal as he's wanted to try them after hearing they tasted like McDonalds. After lunch we got the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch to do the Animation Experience. I just love this, I think it's so underrated and something a bit different to do. After this we had a quick wander around the affection section to pet the goats.

This was all we really wanted to do in Animal Kingdom today as we got so much done on Thursday, so we decided to hop over to Epcot until our room at the Dolphin was ready. At Epcot we had a walk around the left side of world showcase. We decided to stop for a snack in France at L'Artisan de Glaces. Both of us got a Croque Glace - these were so good but at $9.50 each pretty expensive!

By now it was 5ish and we were able to check in from 4pm so walked over to the Dolphin. The check in line was long but our room was ready and our luggage had arrived from Movies. We got to the room, unpacked a little and spent some time relaxing. This is our first time staying here and I'm impressed - the room is really nice, the location is amazing and the price is very reasonable. Being able to walk to two parks is so handy.

We were getting hungry now and couldn't decide what to do for dinner as we didn't fancy any of the restaurants here at the dolphin. We're trying to stick to a food budget on this trip and only do a few table service meals so we wanted somewhere fairly cheap. In the end we decided to hop on the Skyliner over to Riviera to eat at Primo Piatto and have a wander around the resort - it's beautiful. The food was great and the menu was a bit different to the usual Disney quick service options.

After this we headed back to the hotel. I was starting to feel a bit rough and was coming down with a cold so we decided to have an early night ready for tomorrow - we were doing extended evening hours at Epcot.

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Croque glace does look delicious. But, ouch, that's pricey! Great room at the Dolphin, what a huge bed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying reading along - thanks for posting! I had the animation experience booked on our last trip and ended up cancelling it, but will definitely be adding it to our next trip. Good to hear it was enjoyable! :-)
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love that location.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are staying at ASMu then moving over to Dolphin. Good to know that bell services will send luggage over.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List