Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I was way way out=of my comfort zone on the helicopter DH on the boat on the whale watching
The zoo after dark we’ve heard and seen the African Busch at dusk and dawn but=the s was way different again
Our only blip so far me after walking 100 miles in 11 days had to have a time out fibro just said enough but we’d planned for+it and DH scored another=off+the bucket golf list me I slept all day
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Now in Texas
What an amazing place Hawaii is
Wiki the beach is tiny and I mean tiny and not the best beach ( we are told we don’t do the beach without wellies and rain coats )
Pearl Harbour 9 hours and we still ran out of time this was DH bucket list but I was fascinated to on the social history side
Helicopter tour Magun PI style doors off Ian loved it me a once done experience but amazing
The Dole plantation and Pali Highway look out amazing the original dole whip I don’t eat any kind of frozen dessert but Ian says it alone might temp him to Disney
The National Cemitary / Punchbowl what a beautiful place
The zoo after dark for me a highlight
Our shared joy our whale watching trip can’t describe what it was like to see these amazing creatures and actually here the guides say how much Sea World puts back into oceans all over the world many times being the first and last in a crisis
Can’t even tell you what time it is off to bed then it’s the kennedy tour
Sorry it’s a no pics report we’ve not yet got to grips with the new camera and dibb app
Oh Yes... doors off...feet on the skids?

Your trip continues to be amazing!

Edited at 11:08 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Omg what an amazing trip. I’m loving hearing all about it. Carry on having fun!
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Now in Texas
What an amazing place Hawaii is
Wiki the beach is tiny and I mean tiny and not the best beach ( we are told we don’t do the beach without wellies and rain coats )
Pearl Harbour 9 hours and we still ran out of time this was DH bucket list but I was fascinated to on the social history side
Helicopter tour Magun PI style doors off Ian loved it me a once done experience but amazing
The Dole plantation and Pali Highway look out amazing the original dole whip I don’t eat any kind of frozen dessert but Ian says it alone might temp him to Disney
The National Cemitary / Punchbowl what a beautiful place
The zoo after dark for me a highlight
Our shared joy our whale watching trip can’t describe what it was like to see these amazing creatures and actually here the guides say how much Sea World puts back into oceans all over the world many times being the first and last in a crisis
Can’t even tell you what time it is off to bed then it’s the kennedy tour
Sorry it’s a no pics report we’ve not yet got to grips with the new camera and dibb app
Did you only do Oahu? If so I wholly recommend you return and try some different islands too :-)

The Punchbowl doesn’t get mentioned a lot but we really liked it.
Old 2 Mar 20, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We just Oahu but most certainly will go back Kona airport an experience that’s for sure
American Airlines what a joke we’d booked as it was a special trip eithe buiness or PE for every leg uff said they have refunded us $450 each and 50’ooo miles after the debacle at Kona
Dallas the Grassy Knoll who ever it was must have been a crack shot
Rushmore cold cold but should be on everyone’s bucket list
Back home in Florida all be it not our villa but a friends alazy Sunday
Catching up on skype with the kids the dogs and laundry and a 6 hour quest for DH to get the riight new running shoes
My shopping will cost him now 50 pairs of shoes at least and he goes back to get the first pair with;a smile and that’s why you love me
He’s off round the estate a five mile loop to test them out
Me clearing up after a Sunday Dinner and a glass of wine after I’ve dismantled the waste disposal to see what the guests before us put down it’s currently throwing everything back up and then tackling the trash / recycling cans before they get/a massive fine from the HOA and the county
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your break. Very interesting what you say about the grassy knoll, that’s on my list too. Take care.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like your having a fantastic time. We loved Hawaii, I wasn’t sure Pearl Harbour would be my thing but I thought it was fascinating-anytime I see oil in the sea I think of being there.
Enjoy Florida, can’t wait to see what comes home in the suitcase!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Pearl Harbour was as I thought pay back for my shoping I loved it
How the devastation wasn't more how the heck did they live in a submarine more to the point how does DS1 child hood friend now know as chief still spend months at a time on one without a head injury or whacked knees or ankles every day DH at 6ft suffered even ducking me at 5ft struggling to step over hatches and jeeze sleeping over a torpedo that you had to wait till the guy on the next shift got out of
TMI Ian was shocked at the tiny toilet and shower he couldn't fit the shower with out doing the hokey co K
Old 4 Mar 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Pearl Harbour was as I thought pay back for my shoping I loved it
How the devastation wasn't more how the heck did they live in a submarine more to the point how does DS1 child hood friend now know as chief still spend months at a time on one without a head injury or whacked knees or ankles every day DH at 6ft suffered even ducking me at 5ft struggling to step over hatches and jeeze sleeping over a torpedo that you had to wait till the guy on the next shift got out of
TMI Ian was shocked at the tiny toilet and shower he couldn't fit the shower with out doing the hokey co K
It’s the dwarf bulkheads that graze your shins! I would love to visit pearl harbour -

Edited at 08:10 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List