Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what a wonderful start. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. Can’t wait to read more
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OurDisneyTribe
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Travel day sounded amazing, the package you had seemed well worth while already! Can’t wait to read your next post
OurDisneyTribe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
OMG! All trips should start like this 😊. It sounds fabulous! We met Warwick Davis at SW Celebration one year - he was lovely then too. How amazing your grandad played on the SW score - what a lovely thought for you when you hear it. Really looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip 😊
I couldn't believe that he would actually spend half his flight walking down the plane speaking to everyone, signing autographs and having his photo taken. I'd have been totally grumpy by the end of it, but he was so lovely the whole time.

My grandpa played on so many film soundtracks, classical pieces and pop songs and I always love discovering more - he's also cropped up on some TV programmes over the years and it's great to see his face again.

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Wow. The travel day alone sounds incredible. DS1 is obsessed with Star Wars and would be very jealous of this. I can't wait to read more.
It was the coolest flight ever, but your DS would have been impressed by our Day 4 the most, so that'll definitely be a good one to read.

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Wow - it sounds so atmospheric. Your description of the take off with the music and the connection to your grampa gave me a lump in my throat.

I was laughing at your first pic though - that's my pal Ged right in front of you with his black fight face hoody and star wars bag

Small world right from the check in queue it seems!
That's so funny that we were right behind him at Gatwick! We ended up meeting on the last night and had a good, but brief chat - he's such a lovely guy and I think he was also blown away by the whole holiday - in fact I think we all were!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was starting to feel anxious on your behalf just reading about the pre travel day. Oh my, sick child, storm Dennis, you must have been having kittens. I'm glad everything went smoothly in the end. It sounds amazing. I bet it was great to hear those words from the pilot on take off. I can't wait to read all about your adventures.
At the time I thought I was being a bit OTT by being so worried, but now I read back your words I was right to be - there was a point where it felt like things were conspiring against us! Thankfully I don't think Holly's sickness was even a bug, I think it might have been due to teething, but that didn't stop the pit of worry in my stomach at the time!

Originally Posted by OurDisneyTribe View Post
Travel day sounded amazing, the package you had seemed well worth while already! Can’t wait to read your next post
It was SUCH good value. At the time of booking I thought it sounded expensive, but actually reasonable bearing in mind how much flights and park tickets cost, but now, having been on the trip it was fantastic value for money. The experiences we had just aren't readily available so I am even more pleased we did it!
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow what a fab travel day
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Wow! This sounds amazing! I couldn't see the link in your pre-trippy anymore, so i'm not sure what the Star Wars package involved, but so far it sounds brilliant!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Wow! This sounds amazing! I couldn't see the link in your pre-trippy anymore, so i'm not sure what the Star Wars package involved, but so far it sounds brilliant!
I noticed they had killed the link the other day.

I'll scan in the "mission schedule" and upload that instead.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List