Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
From what I was told by a colleaugue, I would be very sceptical of the supposed 'checks'.
I've seen the so called checks. In a word brief and limited.
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
My DDs first trip to Reading was at age 18. We live a fair way from there and I felt pretty uncomfortable if I'm honest. It didnt help that the first year she went a lad OD and died in the silent disco. They were all in there at the time. It shocked them all. DS asked if he can go this year hes 17 soon the answer was no from me. Unfortunately despite checks yes there are a lot of drugs at festivals.
A girl local to us died last year at Leeds! Its scary!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
A girl local to us died last year at Leeds! Its scary!
Unfortunately theres been one or two deaths the last few years.
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
My daughter is saying she is going- becasue her 'friendship group' (in our day it was 'mates') are all going after doing their GCSEs. Fortunately not stopping over but coming home each day, but cannot say I am happy- it is full of drugs.
Seems to be a thing up our way post GCSE they all pile off to Leeds .. My mates daughter went last year luckily it put her off for life, sleeping in a tent, cold, muddy & those toilets... she had only heard of the foo fighters as well
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
He’s 19 and I hoping I’ve raised him well enough to be sensible . It’s a group of uni friends who’s going . I’m hoping he comes to his senses as it’s extortionate but I suppose you are only young once . It’s not my cup of tea at all and I’m not paying for it ( except to buy the early release tickets). He’s going to Magaluf as well for a week so it’s going to be a long summer for me I reckon .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD17(at the time) went to Reading 2 years ago. She had a fab time with her friends listening to the music - but the nights in the tent were bad - It frightened her - especially the "rampaging" on the Sunday night where people ran through the tents - over them, jumping on them etc.

She came home a night early and would not camp again.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

One of our sons used to regularly go to Reading, he used to come home filthy dirty and stinking of bo (and many other disgusting odours ) However he was always safe. There were drugs there then (10 years ago) but not everyone there takes drugs, there was lots of alcohol (he drank and was very hungover but safe) and I did get a phone call once from the medical team there which worried me so much until they said they were ringing as he had suncream in his eye and needed my permission to flush it out 😂 He blames me to this day for nagging him to use suncream 🤣
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
I'm a bit old now but we used to go to Leeds Festival every year for about 5 years running from when I was 17. Weekend ticket always just included the camping. Granted the festival has got a bit bigger since I used to attend a decade ago. But I think the extra charges are for preferred camping etc.
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
One of our sons used to regularly go to Reading, he used to come home filthy dirty and stinking of bo (and many other disgusting odours ) However he was always safe. There were drugs there then (10 years ago) but not everyone there takes drugs, there was lots of alcohol (he drank and was very hungover but safe) and I did get a phone call once from the medical team there which worried me so much until they said they were ringing as he had suncream in his eye and needed my permission to flush it out 😂 He blames me to this day for nagging him to use suncream 🤣
You bad mother lol fancy telling him to use suncream. My daughter has been really sunburnt every year shes been. Despite me sending her with cream. That prob got stolen along with chairs flag pole and trolley. They stink when they come home too.
Old 12 Feb 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Where are you seeing prices?

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List